Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Ginola to run for FIFA presidency...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Amazing news - the FA should back him.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Top bloke, very honest, loves English football, played football with flair, looks great. The complete opposite to Blatter.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I'd love to say that it's clearly a joke run at it but the sad truth is he'd probably still be just as good, at least, as Sepp.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Does anyone know how the voting works when they have multiple candidates?

Is it round by round, eliminating the person with the lowest votes, as is done with World Cup bids?
Or is it 1st past the post, with someone having to have 50%+ of the vote? What happens if not?
Or is it a simple, most votes wins?

I'm fearing the last one and going from no-one opposing Blatter in election after election to suddenly all sorts of potential opponents coming up may just split the "opposition" vote. Ever fearing interference from Blatter, has he looked at having about 45% support for once, and thinks, "If I can encourage multiple opponents to stand, then maybe 45% of the vote will be enough."

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
Being paid £250K to do it by Paddy Power and unable when asked to name a single member of FIFA's executive committee, so clearly a very serious bid indeed.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Head & Shoulders above the others.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Amazing news - the FA should back him.

Sorry mate , i didnt se you have done this thread. Ive gone and done the same.
feel free to merge mine on to your's or whatever it is you do , as i have no clue how to do anything like that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here