Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two killed in Belgian anti-terror raid

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just returned from Syria and kitted out with guns and stuff, taken out by the police ahead of what was expected to be a major terrorist attack.

Similar raids going on in Brussels by all accounts.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Bet we've plenty more in Syria then Belgium have. Only a matter of time people, just keep your fingers crossed you and your loved ones aren't in the wrong place at the wrong time

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Christ what have Belgium done, don't need much excuse it seems for the next potential slaughter of the innocents

All Western society is regarded as a target I'm afraid.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I try to look ahead to see any hope that this 'Radical' Islamist problem will be defused, but somehow I can't see it. We have all the signs of a long, escalating and hugely dangerous issue festering. This needed to be nipped in the bud, it wasn't and now we are left with the consequences.
This business in Paris has already started to spread like some nasty disease, which I guess is what it is. For me, leading Muslims need to be more proactive in their criticism of radicals, and much more vociferous in their support of the societies which they now call home. If not, I fear citizens will start to condemn all Muslims with dire consequences....worrying. ???

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just returned from Syria and kitted out with guns and stuff, taken out by the police ahead of what was expected to be a major terrorist attack.

Similar raids going on in Brussels by all accounts.

The Belgian police need to upgrade their cap guns.

No, can't stand it, just have my eyes wide open and my head out of the sand

Well, you can go about your daily life looking over your shoulder, I'll just go about mine the same as I did yesterday.

Or they've won.

Jules

Jan 17, 2013
The good news. These terrorists were taken out beforein dealing with he terrorist issuethey could kill anyone in Belgium.

The bad news. The daits . communityger from terror seems to be getting worse not better.

What additional help.can European govts give to its Muslim populations to help deal with the extremist problems with some of Its followers ?

Should Muslim leaders.do more to try to assist govts I

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I don't understand why we are trying to prevent people leaving to fight in syria etc, surely we should let them go and then prevent them from returning?

it is a mad state of affairs,the very least we should be looking into if we identify people as having gone out there to fight with IS is revoking their citizenship.Jailing them for a few years on their return not only just delays the possibility they will carry out an attack when free it also allows them to radicalise others in prison.

Let Al-Baghdadi issue them with IS citizenship and passport and see how they get on with that.Ideally someone will drop a Hellfire missile on their head whilst out there though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here