Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

can you walk through from North to West concourse?

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
I usually go in the South and you can literally just walk through a small walkway in to the West concourse at half time

Can you do this from North to West (and vice versa) too or is it closed off at that end - anyone know?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 8, 2007
Toronto
My seat is in the North but usually drink in the West before the match, you just have to walk into the stand and down the steps into the West.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
thanks for the replies so are you saying that you move over into the west via the seating and then just go down into the West concourse? Is there no access from North to West actually in the concourse part where the catering etc is?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
thanks for the replies so are you saying that you move over into the west via the seating and then just go down into the West concourse? Is there no access from North to West actually in the concourse part where the catering etc is?

Exactly that. The two concourses don't connect, but via the NW seating you can access either. My seat is in the NW and we have stairs to the N concourse at one end of our row, and stairs to the W concourse at the other.

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I sit in WSL but exit via North at the end of games. No concourse access between the two as far as I know.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes, No direct access, solid walls between the 2 concourses.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
thanks guys, very helpful

Interesting that there IS a walkway between the two concourses at South/West connection and its always freely open

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Interesting that there IS a walkway between the two concourses at South/West connection and its always freely open

I think it's more to do with the design of the stadium than trying to stop fans going between the two (the stewards aren't bothered by it). The North concourse is much lower down than the West concourse so they'd have to put in a load of steps.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

The difference being the South and West stand concourses are the same height the north concourse is 20 feet lower (at a guess) than the west, the height of the flight of stairs outside

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I know someone who has run an exhibition at The Amex in the early days. The exhibitor's stands were in the South and West Lower concourses which, as stated, are linked. They may well have been linked with the conference and eventing side of things in mind.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
You can get from East to North if you go down the stairs at the north end of row I in the Family Stand - a route I employ to my advantage to make a swift exit after the final whistle. Very handy.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Two seasons ago our lot were in the West listening to some LOUD Albion fellas in the South FFS!
At half time we just walked around and joined them - singing for the rest of the half:albion2:
We won the match - feck knows who we beat tho :drink:

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
You can get from East to North if you go down the stairs at the north end of row I in the Family Stand - a route I employ to my advantage to make a swift exit after the final whistle. Very handy.

So it's you that tramples me every week is it 😄

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here