Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Whitehead

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He's been playing last few games for Boro - wonder why they'd let him go? Also not seen a thread on Leon Best but the NSC Twitter also suggested we're in for him...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Play him as a right back maybe .........love Bruno and Calde but CH tends to build from a sold defensive position and we are pretty weak going backwards.
Alternatively maybe having one experienced holding player instead of two would allow more focus on releasing those who can get forward to better effect. If he signed I would think it relegates Holla to the bench at best.

WhingForPresident

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I'd take him. As people have been saying on here recently, we've missed a Hammond/Andrews type player and Whitehead fits that bill nicely. You need combative players in the squad and the current squad is lacking in that respect.

Not particularly excited by the prospect of Leon Best, mind.

FRYG

Bexhill Seagull
Apr 13, 2011
Bexhill
Was it Dean Whitwhead who had a photo go viral of himself using money as toilet paper ? Or am I thinking of someone else ?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
We need an experienced creative midfielder though.

Not in my opinion....we already have JFC, Tex, Paddy, Solly and Stephens when fit that can play that role.

Where as defensive midfielders we have Holla and Ince... thats it really... as good a job as JFC made of it early season when Holla and Ince were out of favour

Its definately an experienced holding midfielder we need, along with a striker or 2

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If it releases Holla to get more forward as our attacking options are either young like March Tex etc injured like Stephens and Croft or poor quality like McCourt. Personally I would go for him and try to out McCourt to a a Div 1 side as he is the weakest link in the midfield and you are only as good as your weakest link, hence we are in a relegation position.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Dean Whitehead, is rather unkindly referred to as Dean Weirdhead in our household. He is the strangest looking bloke the club has ever been linked to, beating even that Conehead from Bristol, a few years back.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If it releases Holla to get more forward as our attacking options are either young like March Tex etc injured like Stephens and Croft or poor quality like McCourt. Personally I would go for him and try to out McCourt to a a Div 1 side as he is the weakest link in the midfield and you are only as good as your weakest link, hence we are in a relegation position.

McCourt who essentially never features? If you are looking for weak links take a look at the players actually on the pitch first. Plenty of options there for the title :lolol:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Dean Whitehead, is rather unkindly referred to as Dean Weirdhead in our household. He is the strangest looking bloke the club has ever been linked to, beating even that Conehead from Bristol, a few years back.

I see what you mean......

Attachments

• _68305618_pa-14473410.jpg
    _68305618_pa-14473410.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 976

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Not in my opinion....we already have JFC, Tex, Paddy, Solly and Stephens when fit that can play that role.

Where as defensive midfielders we have Holla and Ince... thats it really... as good a job as JFC made of it early season when Holla and Ince were out of favour

Its definately an experienced holding midfielder we need, along with a striker or 2

Agree, our midfield has been too weak this season. This has lead to us surrendering possession all too cheaply. A reliable anchor in midfield should free up the more creative players to do what they do best.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He's weird

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 907

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I'd rather we got some decent permanent signings in rather than overpaid loans who's best years are behind them (Whitehead and Best).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here