Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any STH's in Guildford?

Weretheweststand

Unregistered User
Aug 23, 2011
Hailsham
Are there any NSCers who are season ticket holders in Guildford/surrounding area who travel to every/the majority of home games?

I moved to Uni in Guildford in September, and so far I have just been getting the train to matches on my own to meet my Dad.

Does anybody else travel to matches from Guildford on the train or drive who would like to meet up and/or travel together? It would great to meet some fellow Albion fans living up here :)

Feel free to PM me :)

Cheers!

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I used to live in Woking, but I've just moved away. I know there is a fair amount of Albion fans in the area as a coach runs from Woking station (with a couple of other pick-up points) to all home games.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Bwian lives in Guildford. But he won't give you a lift cos he's a grumpy old ****.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
I used to live in Woking, but I've just moved away. I know there is a fair amount of Albion fans in the area as a coach runs from Woking station (with a couple of other pick-up points) to all home games.

They run buses from Woking to the Amex? If I was Woking FC I'd be well pissed off with that.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
They run buses from Woking to the Amex? If I was Woking FC I'd be well pissed off with that.

They certainly used to - pretty sure that they still do. I never used them myself, as the timings didn't quite work for me, but I was chatting to a chap at the Spurs game who lived in Woking and used them regularly.

Hamilton

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
They definitely run buses from Woking as a very good mate of mine gets it down every Saturday. By all accounts the Woking fun bus is an absolute gas!

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
They certainly used to - pretty sure that they still do. I never used them myself, as the timings didn't quite work for me, but I was chatting to a chap at the Spurs game who lived in Woking and used them regularly.

I was being somewhat ironic (given the criticism over the years of Charlton running coaches to home games from Sussex and Kent) but good on them if they do. I grew up in Woking and sadly found it to be almost entirely Chelsea and Arsenal around there :(

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Godalming me, Have offered this before but had no take up / interest. Perhaps I also am a grumpy old c**t.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I was being somewhat ironic (given the criticism over the years of Charlton running coaches to home games from Sussex and Kent) but good on them if they do. I grew up in Woking and sadly found it to be almost entirely Chelsea and Arsenal around there :(

Plenty of Chelsea during the time I lived there, but didn't meet many Arsenal.

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
Hi - as per previous posts, there is a coach from Woking that runs via Guildford, Horsham, Henfield and various points in-between. I get it every home game with between 4 - 6 others, by far the easiest way to get to (and away from) the Amex. PM me if you want more details - there are plenty of us living in darkest Surrey!

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I suppose it makes sense with the training ground not being far down the road.

Yeah, their training ground is up at Cobham. You also see a lot of Chelsea tracksuits around Merrist Wood College, presumably to do with the education aspects of the Chelsea's academy.

SuperBrighton

Apr 18, 2012
Hove
Are there any NSCers who are season ticket holders in Guildford/surrounding area who travel to every/the majority of home games?

I moved to Uni in Guildford in September, and so far I have just been getting the train to matches on my own to meet my Dad.

Does anybody else travel to matches from Guildford on the train or drive who would like to meet up and/or travel together? It would great to meet some fellow Albion fans living up here :)

Feel free to PM me :)

Cheers!

Seagulls travel pick up from opposite Guildford cricket club. I highly recommend it; slightly cheaper than the train and much less hassle!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here