Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC recommends - recordable HD 'video' box

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As a very new convert to Now TV and recent Netflixer, through my PS3, Sky is becoming somewhat superfluous, esp for the money.

All Sky has going for it at the moment is the hardware, and Eurosport.

Any hardware, esp on a budget, recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I use a Humax box on freesat, does the job.

the slow norris

Feb 8, 2005
Suffolk
As a very new convert to Now TV and recent Netflixer, through my PS3, Sky is becoming somewhat superfluous, esp for the money.

All Sky has going for it at the moment is the hardware, and Eurosport.

Any hardware, esp on a budget, recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I've had a humax foxsat (a freesat box) for 5 yrs now having had sky previously. The box was 2nd hand, bought from av forums, and has never gone wrong. twin tuner, the free HD channels you'd expect. It comes with iplayer/itv player capabilities (however needs to be plugged in via ethernet for this to work). This looks like their "newer" version:

http://www.humaxdirect.co.uk/Direct...500GB?sh=12940bc0-d3b6-444b-885a-857a89f6ccd4

am sureyou'd be able to pick one up 2nd hand for cheaper (check av forums) however money you sace on sky it'll pay for itself in the space of a year.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I've had a humax foxsat (a freesat box) for 5 yrs now having had sky previously. The box was 2nd hand, bought from av forums, and has never gone wrong. twin tuner, the free HD channels you'd expect. It comes with iplayer/itv player capabilities (however needs to be plugged in via ethernet for this to work). This looks like their "newer" version:

http://www.humaxdirect.co.uk/Direct...500GB?sh=12940bc0-d3b6-444b-885a-857a89f6ccd4

am sureyou'd be able to pick one up 2nd hand for cheaper (check av forums) however money you sace on sky it'll pay for itself in the space of a year.

I recently got a pair of wifi powerline plug thingies for our Humax Freesat box as I can't run a cable from the router to it (distance). Works great and we now have the TV and Humax box on our home network as a result.

In terms of getting a Humax...I'd also 100% recommend Humax, brilliant machines that never miss a beat, even when bought 2nd hand :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here