Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shorehamstock [Worthing Weekender]

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
It's definitely dividing opinion in SBS - I'm very intrigued to see how on earth they plan to get everyone in and out......

Assume they will run shuttles to and from Shoreham or Worthing stations maybe? I am surprised they have allowed the curfew to be as late as 1am though.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Assume they will run shuttles to and from Shoreham or Worthing stations maybe? I am surprised they have allowed the curfew to be as late as 1am though.

No idea, this information has not been forthcoming, but even then these trains are already busy, 35,000 additional each day?????

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Brilliant, chaos on the top and bottom roads, and piles of crap everywhere after they go.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I'm EXCITED. Festivals are brilliant fun & you meet some amazing; although slightly drunk, people. The fact I'll be able to go home to a warm bed and a proper shower between the days of the festival is a coup too.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I expect they will have real Z list bands on, it's festival overload so all the good acts are booked .

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
So is there no overnight camping? If they plan on having circa 35'000 people tipping out gone 1am, that could be 'interesting.' Glad I don't live around that area anymore......

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Great news for the local area. Promoters of V Festival and Parklife, so hopefully some decent acts. 1am finish so probably a bit dancey ?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Brilliant, a festival I can go to without having to spend the night in a stinking wet tent listening to people half my age try to pull while off their tits. What's not to like?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
How the heck they are going to get 35,000 REVELLERS (slips smoothly into tabloidspeak) to and from Shoreham Airport two days running over that weekend I have not got a scooby. But I will watch with interest from afar.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Great news for the local area. Promoters of V Festival and Parklife, so hopefully some decent acts. 1am finish so probably a bit dancey ?

1am is quite early for a festival. Creamfields doesn't wind-down until 4am (I think), even Reading Festival has silent discos and movie screenings until 3am.

I expect they will have real Z list bands on, it's festival overload so all the good acts are booked .

Whilst it's not going to be the likes of The Rolling Stones etc, I reckon they'll be some decent acts there. The last festival started by this company was Parklife Manchester, which in its first year had The Flaming Lips, De La Soul and a host of big names in Dance/Electric music (Nero, Pendulum, Sub Focus, Annie Mac). They also had some HUGE names in "Urban" music this year including Snoop Dogg. I fully expect this festival to be much better than Shakedown.

If I had to take a guess at the headliners for the two days then I'd probably plump for somebody around the size of Royal Blood/Chase and Status/Kendrick Lamar. Obviously depending on what type of music they go for.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here