Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Jewell

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
And we thought TB was strict with the finances !!

West Brom: Paul Jewell says exit was 'not by mutual consent'

Paul Jewell has contacted his lawyers following his sudden departure from West Brom after just a week.
Jewell left the Premier League club on Tuesday after being appointed assistant head coach by new manager Tony Pulis.
West Brom said the former Bradford, Wigan and Derby boss, 50, had decided not to continue "his recent assistance on a more formal basis".
But Jewell told BBC Sport his exit was "not by mutual consent" and the matter is now in the hands of his lawyers.
BBC Radio 5 live's Midlands football reporter Pat Murphy says Jewell's departure is about money.
"This appears to be one occasion when Jeremy Peace can't be blamed for a dispute over money at West Brom," says Murphy.
"The chairman is a notoriously keen reader of a balance sheet but he left Pulis to sort out the hiring of his backroom staff within an agreed budget.
"Pulis was very keen to enlist Gerry Francis after seven years together at Stoke and Crystal Palace. But to fund that, Pulis, his long-term assistant David Kemp and Jewell had to take a pay cut.
"It seems Jewell, already wondering about the nature of his exact role at the club, wouldn't agree to that, although Pulis and Kemp did. Jewell says the matter is now in the hands of his lawyers."

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
A slightly bizarre scenario, but for a club in West Brom's position it must be imperative to keep the balance sheet in check. Interesting to see that Pulis was given a budget to sort his own backroom staff out - I wonder how common that is?

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
They probably couldn't understand a word he says. I know I can't.

He could always join up with Paul Lambert at Villa and they could have a pair of mumblers.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You can't blame him.

<Pulis> "Paul, I'm bringing in a former manager who I've worked with before - Gerry Francis. He'll be my No. 2. And I'm paying for him out of your wages. Now off you go, those cones won't put themselves out, and don't forget the bibs!"

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
You can't blame him.

<Pulis> "Paul, I'm bringing in a former manager who I've worked with before - Gerry Francis. He'll be my No. 2. And I'm paying for him out of your wages. Now off you go, those cones won't put themselves out, and don't forget the bibs!"

.... I think you left out ..... "and those oranges aren't going to cut themselves are they?"

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
for someone without a job and for someone who presumably wants a route back into football management, it sounds like he has cut off his nose to spite his face. especially as it transpires that he allegedly didn't sign a contract last week!

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Jewellio3.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here