Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Building work: Conservatory > Extension

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Thinking of converting our 6x3m conservatory into a single storey proper extension.
Any recommendations of builders? Lancing area

Also has anyone done this before and if so what sort of ball park cost should I be looking at?

Thanks

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Thanks all so far!

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I'm no builder but have recently had a large conservatory built, and I guess you're not so much converting as knocking the conservatory down and building an extension. Depending on how your conservatory was built, they may be little you can re-use.

Correct. You're effectively starting all over again as a proper extension will require deeper footings to be dug than the conservatory.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Conservatories do not require building regs, so your footings could be anything from 450mm to 1000mm deep
You will be required to demolish the existing structure and probably the footings and submit new planning permission( depending on the size and other factors) and also apply for Building Regs.
I am a conservatory and window surveyor, and there is now an Ultraframe Roof system which can replace your existing conservatory roof and incorperate an insulated and tiled roof with plasterered underside and also include Velux roof openers in the vaulted ceiling.
This has the effect of the conservatory becoming a living room rather than a sun room.
PM me for more details

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Im a painter and decorator , and the firm who trained me up ( who im still in touch with ) are very good. They are also very cheap when compared to a lot of other firms.
very reliable and friendly people . If you want a price let me know and il put you in toucn with each other.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I have a brick/breeze block built conservatory with a Polycarb roof but it is showing its age and may well need rebuilding and re-roofing. Anyone know how much cash that might be ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here