Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much do we have in the transfer kitty?

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Lots of talk about how lively this transfer window is going to be for us.

I reckon that Hugh Christon has a cheque for £3 million burning a hole in his pocket right now + whatever we make from sales (£500,000 for COG).

A figure must have been agreed before he took the job.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
£6.24, a bottle of buckfast donated by GG, and the clippings from Ulloas soul patch. FFP and all that

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I reckon no figures discussed but assurances given would be backed where possible.

I reckon we would spend up to 2m if something good comes up

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I have £50, I'm happy to chip in with 2.4m other and we'll have a go for CR7

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Bugger all. We'll stay up with what we've got and splash the cash in the summer when Clive Howton has had some time to assess what he wants.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Two boxes of whiskers and a can of Sainsburys senior cat food

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
I think get a couple of aditions to make sure we stay up. ( think we will anyway under hughton ).
Then hughton can have a look at what he wants and needs. Then at end season go out and get our targets.
thats what I think we should do.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
£20, and a spare set of boots. Also the profits from the sale of pies this Saturday.

Make that £50 if our Chris goes to Sheffield United.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We won't find players who fit with the budget, so more loans are all I expect this window. All business to be done at the 11th hour of course

I'll settle for that rather than more flyers on League One players

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
1139064-dr_evil_one_million_dollars.jpeg

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Bugger all. We'll stay up with what we've got and splash the cash in the summer when Clive Howton has had some time to assess what he wants.

The most sensible post of the day so far. I think the Loan Market will be used until the summer and the squad assessed then

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I think there will be more likely to have been agreements regarding which areas of the team need strengthening and which sort of player would suit. Beyond that, it's up to TB and the board to determine what represents a good deal for the club, dependent on the availability and asking price of targets.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Let's not get too obsessed by loans.

We don't want to get into the situation of having more than 5 loan players and having to choose between them for the matchday squad again.

So far we have Bennett, Tex and Halford, so no more than 2 others please.

Dec 29, 2011
I don't think he'll spend very much. Maybe splash the cash on a striker if the right one becomes available. In the summer we'll have freed up considerable wages when CMS and Kemy leave so I'm sure we could attract some good quality players from abroad if we keep our wage budget the same.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here