Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O Grady Deal Agreed - Sheffield Star

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jun 27, 2012
but won't go through unless Albion find a replacement...

Sheffield United have told Brighton and Hove Albion they are ready to sign Chris O’Grady on a permanent basis, writes James Shield.
The Star understands that the framework of a deal, which would see the former United loanee return to Bramall Lane for an undisclosed sum, has been agreed in principle following talks between senior figures at both clubs.
But O’Grady, who scored once in four appearances for Nigel Clough’s side earlier this term, will not be allowed to leave The AMEX Stadium until a suitable replacement is found.

via
http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/shef...es-make-permanent-offer-for-striker-1-7048676

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Just crazy if true. How to unsettle a player in the position we need to strengthen the most with the one player who is doing well up there

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That last bit is crucial.......also suspect it means we're close go signing someone......hope it works out for him whatever happens, he's been very unlucky here having Sami to manage him.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Thanks Chris and good luck. You were never Championship quality though

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I'll withhold judgement until I see who is replacing him, O'Grady is certainly better than anyone else we have and we are not very good at spotting Championship quality strikers. In 4 years we have had one and that was only for a season and a bit. Worrying that our best striker is so keen to leave for a lower league club.

I predict we'll sign an old, probably injury prone, once good striker who hasn't played this season or another League One gamble.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I thought that until Fulham, Brentford and Charlton. Looked good in a proper "number 9" role, albeit off the bench. Hopefully this suggests that we are about to sign someone who can do that job from the off. I think, reading between the lines of his post FA Cup interview that a move to Sheffield would also sort out hos personal life.

A decent guy bought by the wrong club at the wrong time.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I'll withhold judgement until I see who is replacing him, O'Grady is certainly better than anyone else we have and we are not very good at spotting Championship quality strikers. In 4 years we have had one and that was only for a season and a bit. Worrying that our best striker is so keen to leave for a lower league club.

I predict we'll sign an old, probably injury prone, once good striker who hasn't played this season or another League One gamble.

Not worrying at all. He wants to go back north to his family and he is far from our best striker.

The Optimist

Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham

His record with Barnsley (21 goals in 56 games) suggests he is Championship quality. Perhaps not who you'd want if pushing for promotion but certainly good enough for a mid to lower table team if you play to his strengths.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I thought that until Fulham, Brentford and Charlton. Looked good in a proper "number 9" role, albeit off the bench. Hopefully this suggests that we are about to sign someone who can do that job from the off. I think, reading between the lines of his post FA Cup interview that a move to Sheffield would also sort out hos personal life.

A decent guy bought by the wrong club at the wrong time.

I think that is the crux of it and I admire him for that. I just hope that if we do not sign a replacement and he stays, the club does as much as it can to make him and his family feel settled as clearly it failed in that regard in the last 6 months.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
His record with Barnsley (21 goals in 56 games) suggests he is Championship quality. Perhaps not who you'd want if pushing for promotion but certainly good enough for a mid to lower table team if you play to his strengths.
I'm not going over this again. What about the rest of his career? Hes had one good season at this level.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You think O'Grady is better than CMS?

Without a doubt, he can control a ball, hold it up and he doesn't fall over everytime he is leant on by a big defender. CMS can't manage any of that.

I tend to go with what my eyes tell me :smile:

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Could be if given a chance in the right setup. Probably not better than 'old' CMS, but the one we've got now doesn't look anywhere near good enough to me.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
100% better than Cms. As I said on another thread, it would be Craig that I would ship out. With Baldock, COG and potentially Chris Wood I believe those three forwards will be good enough for a promotion push next season (Admittedly that's a big IF we sign Wood)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here