Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

With Video: Can Chris Hughton bring that winning Saturday feeling back to the Amex? [The A

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Chris Hughton is relishing a return to the Amex - this time in the home technical area.
Albion's former Birmingham boss takes charge of his first home game on Saturday against Brentford, 17 days after he was appointed.
Hughton said: "It is unusual that the last three games have been away, one I wasn't involved in (Fulham) and two that I was (Brentford and Charlton).
"It will be nice to get back to our home pitch and the fact that it is such a magnificent stadium will be a nice occasion for me, my first home game. I'm really looking forward to it."
Hughton's only previous taste of the Amex as a manager was in April 2012 with Birmingham.
The final home game of Albion's debut season at the stadium ended in a 1-1 draw, Ashley Barnes cancelling out Nathan Redmond's goal for the visitors.
Among the substitutes for Birmingham that day were Hughton's son Cian.
Albion finished the campaign in tenth under Gus Poyet, while Hughton's Birmingham reached the play-offs in fourth spot before losing to Blackpool over two legs.
Hughton will be trying to steer Albion to just their third home league victory of the season against Brentford.
The only one on a Saturday was against Bolton Wanderers back in August, when Craig Mackail-Smith equalised and Liverpool loanee Joao Teixeira squeezed in the winner.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here