Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can everyone stop banging on about Arsenal?

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Yes they are a big London club.

Yes they have a large following.

Yes they are the current holders of the cup.

But I am sick of seeing threads about how many fans they have, how good their support is, how good their team is, how we will likely lose, how there is mass panic over getting a ticket for this game when Millwall at home was half empty ect ect.

F**k Arsenal - by all accounts they have been crap away from home this season. We are Tony Blooms blue and white army with the mighty Chris Hughton at the helm. We are playing at our long awaited home the Amex. We will bring over 25k in support. We are unbeaten in 5.

We played arguably a better team in Spurs - at home - at possibly the lowest point in our season at the end of last year and still only lost by 2.

We nearly beat them last time and we can do it again. This is the Football Association Challenge Cup – it was made for the underdogs like us.

So instead of thinking "I'm going to see an Arsenal game" think "I'm going to see Brighton and Hove Albion in the FA cup, and I dont care who we are playing"

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

But I am sick of seeing threads about how many fans they have, how good their support is, how good their team is, how we will likely lose, how there is mass panic over getting a ticket for this game when Millwall at home was half empty ect ect.

F**k Arsenal - by all accounts they have been crap away from home this season. We are Tony Blooms blue and white army with the mighty Chris Hughton at the helm. We are playing at our long awaited home the Amex. We will bring over 25k in support. We are unbeaten in 5.

We played arguably a better team in Spurs - at home - at possibly the lowest point in our season at the end of last year and still only lost by 2.

We nearly beat them last time and we can do it again. This is the Football Association Challenge Cup – it was made for the underdogs like us.

So instead of thinking "I'm going to see an Arsenal game" think "I'm going to see Brighton and Hove Albion in the FA cup, and I dont care who we are playing"

Do you know if they'll sell all their allocation?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield

D'you reckon they'll play a strong side?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

I hope Walcott plays.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Are you getting a half & half scarf?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

How long did your print at home tickets take to arrive

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

Would you agree that Roscky, although the veteren of the team, is actually having a real influence this season?

I believe that allowing him to roam is freeing up space for Alexis Sanchez to really show what a good player he is is. What are your thoughts?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Whilst I understand the OP's point - we are going along hoping to see the Albion play out of their skins, and scrape a result, there is nothing wrong with being a BIT excited about watching the opposition.

In particular, I'm excited (and terrified, in equal measure) about the chance to watch Alexis Sanchez live. If you are 100% focused on Brighton, and cannot appreciate watching one of the very best footballers in the WORLD, at their peak, then you are missing something from the over-all experience, IMO.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Do you think that when we're hammering them after 85 minutes, the Arsenal fans will join the mass exodus 'to beat the rush'?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

What formation will they play?

Do you think Arsene will be wearing his puffer jacket?

Do you hope Sanchez throws his shirt into the Brighton end?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
My son currently supports Manchester City as his Premier League team. I'm hoping that after the 25th when he sees Arsenal in the flesh he might switch allegiance to The Gunners. Have we ever played against a team with more exciting players - full of continental flair and speedy young English talent...

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
Whilst I understand the OP's point - we are going along hoping to see the Albion play out of their skins, and scrape a result, there is nothing wrong with being a BIT excited about watching the opposition.

In particular, I'm excited (and terrified, in equal measure) about the chance to watch Alexis Sanchez live. If you are 100% focused on Brighton, and cannot appreciate watching one of the very best footballers in the WORLD, at their peak, then you are missing something from the over-all experience, IMO.

He'll be rested :)

(unfortunately)

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Don't know what all the fuss is about, since August 1979 this will be the 11th time we have played Arsenal I should image a lot of Albion fans have seen all the previous 10 anyway.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm considerably more excited about the Brentford game than the Arsenal game.

Brentford play great football and will be looking for revenge after the recent Cup loss. There will be a big crowd buoyed by the general positivity that was washed over the Albion over the last three weeks or so, and there'll be a decent away following.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

Well this will my first game since the Amex opened (got a ticket from a Brighton season ticket customer at work) and I really want a half & half scarf.
I sometimes watch Brighton on the TV but this is ARSENAL at Brighton!
What's our capacity by the way? I heard before that it was 22.5k?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here