Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4400 Arsenal at The Amex

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Should be quite a spectacle. I think they are into scarf twirling.

How many times have there been more than 4400 away fans at a Brighton home game?

Southampton in 1986. Any since then. Presumably not many before about 1970?

Teams that have done it in my direct experience...

Definitely:Palace, Pompey, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, Southampton, Norwich...

Very likely:West Ham, Liverpool, Millwall, Leeds

Might have done?Port Vale, Fulham, Man City, Man Utd, Bournemouth,

Others will know much better. Bound to have missed a couple or more obvious ones...

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Arsenal in the cup at the Goldstone?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Arsenal in the cup at the Goldstone?
Yes, the FA Cup game is in my "definites". Not sure how many they brought for league games or the League Cup... would guess they might have been close more than once?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
4,400 Arsenal fans will be quite a sight, they've got great support to be fair, they'd probably have shifted double that if we were able to give them that many.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Stoke City ?
Good shout for a "possible". Was that an end of season promotion game? Agree, probably around 4 or 5K Stoke if so.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
4,400 Arsenal fans will be quite a sight, they've got great support to be fair, they'd probably have shifted double that if we were able to give them that many.
Yes, they would. Hopefully the day never comes when we are able to give 9,000 tickets to an away club because we have empty stands to fill...

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Will be good to see the South East corner full for once, always makes the ground look sparse when we're on TV. Very pleased they haven't shifted us from S1G.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
As long as they don't bring those bloody massive flags.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Port Vale brought loads to the Goldstone that time they got promoted. I seem to remember Birmingham used to bring a lot down too.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Port Vale brought loads to the Goldstone that time they got promoted. I seem to remember Birmingham used to bring a lot down too.

Remember that, though not sure it was that many to be honest. They invaded the pitch and headed to where we were in the North, everyone was expecting it to kick off and all that happened was a load of handshakes.

When was it, 93/94?

Just done a little research! 7th May 1994 and the crowd was over 15,000. Maybe they did bring that many, afterall!

Last edited:

Jimmy Grimble

I cant be the only one who finds it fuvking annoying that we have to give them such a big allocation.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
They had the entire East Terrace that day, as it was before a good portion of it was condemned. I heard there were ten thousand of them down that day, though I doubt that is true.
10K is not far off. 8K+ and up there with Chelsea (and Palace?) as the only 8K+ away followings at The Goldstone?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Remember that, though not sure it was that many to be honest. They invaded the pitch and headed to where we were in the North, everyone was expecting it to kick off and all that happened was a load of handshakes.

When was it, 93/94?

Just done a little research! 7th May 1994 and the crowd was over 15,000. Maybe they did bring that many, afterall!
I was 11 at the time. Just remember being annoyed when a Vale fan asked if they could have my woolly hat as a souvenir and my Dad/brother said I should give it to him!

I cant be the only one who finds it fuvking annoying that we have to give them such a big allocation.
Not at all, it's part of what's great about the cup. Like when we took 4,000 to Orient. (Though it used to be 30% then, rather than 15%).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here