Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion warned they can't afford to relax [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion boss Chris Hughton has warned there can be no let-up in the fight for Championship survival.
The Seagulls head into Hughton’s first home game in charge against Brentford on Saturday with a cushion of three points and three places between them and the relegation zone after winning at Charlton.
The former Norwich manager insists they cannot afford to take their foot off the accelerator after building a five-match unbeaten run.
Hughton told The Argus: “You can’t relax. One win has lifted us, one defeat can drop you straight back to where you were.
“This will be a competitive league right from now through until the end of the season.”
Hughton has opened his reign with consecutive clean sheet victories after Brentford were knocked out of the FA Cup in his first game.
He said: “I couldn’t ask for any more. I was fortunate they were on the back of a win and a draw (under caretaker Nathan Jones), so you come in with some fresh ideas and you want to keep that momentum they had going.
“Always you are reliant on the players to put in really good shifts. At Charlton we had Sam Baldock out on the left, who is a central player. Jake Forster-Caskey did well, playing a bit more advanced. Solly March is a real talent but still very young and we had two youngish players in central midfield (Rohan Ince and Danny Holla).
"We are making changes to the structure of the team that is on the pitch and you want responses. At the moment we're getting them."
Hughton's flying start has made no difference to his desire to strengthen the squad this month, with an experienced midfielder and a striker top of the list.
"We have a responsibility to the team, the club and supporters to try and have as good a team and squad as possible," he said.
"What ever I am allowed to do then I will be trying to do that."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here