Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Windsors you can't keep a good family down

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The man is likely to prove to be a disgrace to the nation. Once he's dead - no chance of the establishment ever properly investigating this unpleasant individual.

I'm sure the royal lickspittles will be along soon to tell us we've got it wrong.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
(theres no point is there.)

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 3, 2012

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
The man is likely to prove to be a disgrace to the nation. Once he's dead - no chance of the establishment ever properly investigating this unpleasant individual.

I'm sure the royal lickspittles will be along soon to tell us we've got it wrong.

Simster you know full well that the 'ruling classes' in this country are not at all just the house of Windsor. This is my truck with republicanism, that doing away with one house at the top of the tree means automatic egalitarianism. They might be head of state as a family but it goes far deeper.

If you abolished the monarchy which is unlikely ever to happen, the same people would hold power. It may not be state sanctioned, but you are tilting at windmills if you think republicanism would change in any way the social structure of Britain. You are a smart fella, getting rid of them on pound notes and ceremonial duties would not change a thing, in reality. This is why I never understand your republican stance, the same people would be in charge win lose or draw. Cash in the bank runs things, I have no opinion of him but this family own the uk Australia Canada New Zealand etc etc. and their roots and connections run deep.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Simster you know full well that the 'ruling classes' in this country are not at all just the house of Windsor. This is my truck with republicanism, that doing away with one house at the top of the tree means automatic egalitarianism. They might be head of state as a family but it goes far deeper.

If you abolished the monarchy which is unlikely ever to happen, the same people would hold power. It may not be state sanctioned, but you are tilting at windmills if you think republicanism would change in any way the social structure of Britain. You are a smart fella, getting rid of them on pound notes and ceremonial duties would not change a thing, in reality. This is why I never understand your republican stance, the same people would be in charge win lose or draw. Cash in the bank runs things, I have no opinion of him but this family own the uk Australia Canada New Zealand etc etc. and their roots and connections run deep.

Of course there will be a power vacuum when we finally emancipate ourselves from the power the Windsor family have within society. They will still have a massive amount of wealth, the above story is a bit of a red herring anyway; we all know they hold vast amounts of wealth and power but the family continue to want public money to pay for their life style and enjoy their unelected political power that comes with that. In order for this to happen they need to be at least seen to be frugal, Andrew unfortunately doesn't seem to singing from the same hymn sheet.
But once we move to free ourselves and literally our country from this mock feudalist state of affairs where you gain social favour and power if side with their family; then we will start to grow up as a democracy.

Of course this won't happen over night especially as many within the elite/ ruling class wish to keep the statues quo why wouldn't they, their fore fathers have probably worked very hard to get their family up the ladder even if the social system is morally bankrupt now.

Last edited:
1c59d7c3def575d4d2ab2123d234c954.jpg

"The last off the last of the hard drives torched,anyone for Cloisters?"

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Thank goodness this arse will never be monarch of the ccountry, although, with the system we use, had he been born bbefore Charles, he would have been and therein lies the weakness in rule by birthright system

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I dislike the royal family, it's entourage and everything it stands for. But creating a republic, however desirable, could not be done without a massive conflict. Ergo, it won't happen.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
They will still have a massive amount of wealth, the above story is a bit of a red herring anyway; we all know they hold vast amounts of wealth and power but the family continue to want public money to pay for their life style and enjoy their unelected political power that comes with that.

I get that Republicans don't like a system that makes you monarch because of the luck of birth and I also get that many people don't like the wealth of the Windsor family BUT that public money you mention is for the upkeep of the historical buildings and for the running of the head of state. Neither of these things go away if we become a republic - all we do is replace Queeny with Pres Blair or Pres Cameron.

As for power - the monarchy has none - they may be able to get the ear of some politicians but real law changing power - not a jot.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I get that Republicans don't like a system that makes you monarch because of the luck of birth and I also get that many people don't like the wealth of the Windsor family BUT that public money you mention is for the upkeep of the historical buildings and for the running of the head of state. Neither of these things go away if we become a republic - all we do is replace Queeny with Pres Blair or Pres Cameron.

As for power - the monarchy has none - they may be able to get the ear of some politicians but real law changing power - not a jot.

I agree, but you wonder if it would be so much more fun just being rich, rather than be part of the Windsors.

Ok, to us lot spending £13 million on a ski lodge seems outrageous, but I am not sure I would want part of our Royal Family to by a timeshare in Tenerife, if you going to have a Royal Family then at least act absurdly rich.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I agree, but you wonder if it would be so much more fun just being rich, rather than be part of the Windsors.

Ok, to us lot spending £13 million on a ski lodge seems outrageous, but I am not sure I would want part of our Royal Family to by a timeshare in Tenerife, if you going to have a Royal Family then at least act absurdly rich.[/
QUOTE]r

:facepalm: :fishing::fishing:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

You really believe that they have no real power?
And if we had President Blair (although I don't know who would vote for him now), if he was crap, we could vote him out, and we wouldn't have to support his Mother, Father, Brothers, Sisters , old uncle Tom Cobbly and all

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
as a republican I say the russians had the right idea
split the money up between the NHS and saving young waifs and strays
but in all of that I baggsy the stamp collection :lolol:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

I'm sure buck palace would make a lovely old peoples home

DavidinSouthampton

Jan 3, 2012

But are there not real fears that Charles will "interfere", as and when he ascends to the throne, far more than our dear Queen.

I can cope with the Queen at the moment, but I think Charles would set my republican tendencies on fire.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here