Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    I hate the Daily Mail Doc Lynam's Avatar

The Windsors you can't keep a good family down

3 Not allowed!
    How did Andrew buy a £13million ski Lodge; and considering we pay for them do we own it? Can we all book a bit of time there?

http://www.theguardian.com/media/gre...P=share_btn_fb

We pay for this lot

• North Stand Chat

advertising

7 Not allowed!
      The man is likely to prove to be a disgrace to the nation. Once he's dead - no chance of the establishment ever properly investigating this unpleasant individual.

I'm sure the royal lickspittles will be along soon to tell us we've got it wrong.
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Doc Lynam View Post
      How did Andrew buy a £13million ski Lodge; and considering we pay for them do we own it? Can we all book a bit of time there?

We pay for this lot
      According to that report with a mortgage - I'd guess his credit rating is pretty good and with the 'bank of mum and dad' there to act as guarantors I'd guess he had no problem getting the mortgage.
      Members

0 Not allowed!

We pay for this lot

The Queen and her family are wealthy in their own right, without the civil list.......
      A. Virgo, Football Genius

1 Not allowed!
      (theres no point is there.)
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.

1 Not allowed!

We pay for this lot
      The article is actually the Guardian supporting something that the Daily Mail is doing. If those two can agree on something, it has to be serious.
      "In football, everything is complicated by the presence of the opposing team". Jean-Paul Sartre.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by DavidinSouthampton View Post
      The article is actually the Guardian supporting something that the Daily Mail is doing. If those two can agree on something, it has to be serious.
      Daily Mail/Guardian; a combination that makes the eyebrows raise!

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simster View Post
      The man is likely to prove to be a disgrace to the nation. Once he's dead - no chance of the establishment ever properly investigating this unpleasant individual.

I'm sure the royal lickspittles will be along soon to tell us we've got it wrong.
      Simster you know full well that the 'ruling classes' in this country are not at all just the house of Windsor. This is my truck with republicanism, that doing away with one house at the top of the tree means automatic egalitarianism. They might be head of state as a family but it goes far deeper.

If you abolished the monarchy which is unlikely ever to happen, the same people would hold power. It may not be state sanctioned, but you are tilting at windmills if you think republicanism would change in any way the social structure of Britain. You are a smart fella, getting rid of them on pound notes and ceremonial duties would not change a thing, in reality. This is why I never understand your republican stance, the same people would be in charge win lose or draw. Cash in the bank runs things, I have no opinion of him but this family own the uk Australia Canada New Zealand etc etc. and their roots and connections run deep.
      Pig City
      I hate the Daily Mail Doc Lynam's Avatar

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Spanish View Post
      Simster you know full well that the 'ruling classes' in this country are not at all just the house of Windsor. This is my truck with republicanism, that doing away with one house at the top of the tree means automatic egalitarianism. They might be head of state as a family but it goes far deeper.

If you abolished the monarchy which is unlikely ever to happen, the same people would hold power. It may not be state sanctioned, but you are tilting at windmills if you think republicanism would change in any way the social structure of Britain. You are a smart fella, getting rid of them on pound notes and ceremonial duties would not change a thing, in reality. This is why I never understand your republican stance, the same people would be in charge win lose or draw. Cash in the bank runs things, I have no opinion of him but this family own the uk Australia Canada New Zealand etc etc. and their roots and connections run deep.
      Of course there will be a power vacuum when we finally emancipate ourselves from the power the Windsor family have within society. They will still have a massive amount of wealth, the above story is a bit of a red herring anyway; we all know they hold vast amounts of wealth and power but the family continue to want public money to pay for their life style and enjoy their unelected political power that comes with that. In order for this to happen they need to be at least seen to be frugal, Andrew unfortunately doesn't seem to singing from the same hymn sheet.
      But once we move to free ourselves and literally our country from this mock feudalist state of affairs where you gain social favour and power if side with their family; then we will start to grow up as a democracy.

Of course this won't happen over night especially as many within the elite/ ruling class wish to keep the statues quo why wouldn't they, their fore fathers have probably worked very hard to get their family up the ladder even if the social system is morally bankrupt now.
      Last edited by Doc Lynam; 13-01-2015 at 09:54.
      Guy 'Tank' Butters Norman Baker suck my lozenge's Avatar

0 Not allowed!

"The last off the last of the hard drives torched,anyone for Cloisters?"
      Kiss Me Harty.