Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is the best away day experience?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Where is the best on offer. Having a chat on the way home from Charlton we all agreed it would be nice if more grounds gave fans the option to drink in the ground as this is very much part of our post match routine.

Other than Millwall as you can have a fag at half time I would say the best service and experiance I have had is at Wigan.

So where do you reckon the best in ground service is provided?

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Peterborough, Southend, Palace, Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday. I'm basing that on the fact I like old skool grounds with a bit of a buzz in the air on the approach to the ground. Couldn't give a toss about beer and fags.

Trying to think of a few others I've enjoyed over the last decade, most of the ones that stick in my memory are lower league for some reason. Cambridge, Charlton, Forest, Orient, Shrewsbury (old ground).

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I'm sure Derby let you out for a smoke. That's a good day out

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Yeovil let you out for a smoke and more probably

And they put flowers in the gents, which is unusual to say the least.
I know I am a little biased but the fans fest at Plymouth is great pre match and the hospitality towards away fans (especially Brighton) in The Brittania is good, and they sell Jail Ale and other very good ales.
Torquay was good in the supporters bar.
If you want a real non league old skool away day on an open terrace with the worst bogs and food then Exeter is your club of choice.
Walsalll had great pies and a very odd ground.
Out of the bigger clubs I thought Villa was very good.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
And they put flowers in the gents, which is unusual to say the least.
I know I am a little biased but the fans fest at Plymouth is great pre match and the hospitality towards away fans (especially Brighton) in The Brittania is good, and they sell Jail Ale and other very good ales.
Torquay was good in the supporters bar.
If you want a real non league old skool away day on an open terrace with the worst bogs and food then Exeter is your club of choice.
Walsalll had great pies and a very odd ground.
Out of the bigger clubs I thought Villa was very good.
Exeter is a top day out ,though i think York tops it for the worst toilets they dont even have a sit down facility .Apart from that York wins with Pubs, Restaurants and sites.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Palace without doubt . We pis*ed where we wanted, smocked where we wanted and stood where we wanted.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
In first place. Chester. Stay Up. Rosies Nightclub.
In second place. Carlisle. Stay up. Golf at Silloth on Solway.
In third place and the only one of my choices that is genuinely in the spirit of the thread is of course London Road, home of the Posh. Generally we mobbed it out and ruled the roost in what was a great old school hangar of an away end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here