Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chip Basket update

Codswallop

Jan 11, 2015
For all those who mourned the demise of the old Chip Basket in Church Road, Hove, the new Chip Basket - run by the same outfit - is now open in Portland Road, Hove, second block along from Sackville Road. Tried and tested and up to standard. Not tried yet is Chippy Chip, Victoria Terrace, Kingsway, Hove, which I hear is being operated by two of the guys who used to work at Church Road.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Woolfies up by Hove station is pretty decent, they also sell Piglets pies, so pop in on the way to games sometimes.

GAZTASTIC

Sep 17, 2010
HOVE - JUST
For all those who mourned the demise of the old Chip Basket in Church Road, Hove, the new Chip Basket - run by the same outfit - is now open in Portland Road, Hove, second block along from Sackville Road. Tried and tested and up to standard. Not tried yet is Chippy Chip, Victoria Terrace, Kingsway, Hove, which I hear is being operated by two of the guys who used to work at Church Road.

Good news.
Have the mob that took over from the Chip Basket already folded? Either that or I lost my bearings walking along Church Road at the weekend.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Shocking place!!

Sacked someone I know because they did not come in when they had this flu virus that was going around! I suppose they wouldn't of minded her sneezing and coughing on the food?

Whilst I agree with your point, it's the way it works in that industry. Most restaurants only have a small number of staff to call upon and their overall margins are pretty small.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Shocking place!!

Sacked someone I know because they did not come in when they had this flu virus that was going around! I suppose they wouldn't of minded her sneezing and coughing on the food?

Staff have to work no excuses, apparently if there's any problems they get battered!

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Oh for heaven's hake, here we go again. Fish puns just rip the sole out of a thread, really wish they'd just get left trout.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thanks for the update. The passing of the Church Road branch was a sad moment in the history of Hove.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

I've been herring good things about the Chip Basket :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here