Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

10th anniversary of the Hit on Thursday: tribute to Sarah Watts on Saturday

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Time flies. Next Thursday, 15 January, is the 10th anniversary of the day ‘Tom Hark (We Want Falmer)’ the single we brought out as part of our long and hard fought campaign for the new stadium, reached Number 17 in the Top 40. I know opinions are divided as to its worth as a musical opus (!) but it raised the media profile of our campaign (and about £6000 for the club) and getting it that high up the charts was a fair old achievement by Albion fans and our friends in mainland Europe.

Robina and I have just cleared out the attic and in the process unearthed about 30 copies. It occurred to me that a fitting tribute to Sarah, who not only was involved from first to last as a tireless member of the Falmer For All team but actually sang backing vocals on the record as part of the Falmer For All Choir, would be to offer a copy to anyone who would like a small piece of Albion history in return for a donation in Sarah’s memory to her chosen charity. So I’m bringing all the remaining copies to the Brentford game and will be putting them on the bar in Dick’s bar after the match with a receptacle for donations. Even if you loathed it, or you’ve got it already, you can make a donation anyway if you feel like it of course! RIP Sarah, a true Albion fan.

For anyone who wasn't born then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAEKVB7nmtc

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Wow is that really 10 years, I can remember that Sunday evening with Radio One on and posting on the BBC Radio 1 forum winding up fans of some or other band

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Time flies. Next Thursday, 15 January, is the 10th anniversary of the day ‘Tom Hark (We Want Falmer)’ the single we brought out as part of our long and hard fought campaign for the new stadium, reached Number 17 in the Top 40. I know opinions are divided as to its worth as a musical opus (!) but it raised the media profile of our campaign (and about £6000 for the club) and getting it that high up the charts was a fair old achievement by Albion fans and our friends in mainland Europe.

Robina and I have just cleared out the attic and in the process unearthed about 30 copies. It occurred to me that a fitting tribute to Sarah, who not only was involved from first to last as a tireless member of the Falmer For All team but actually sang backing vocals on the record as part of the Falmer For All Choir, would be to offer a copy to anyone who would like a small piece of Albion history in return for a donation in Sarah’s memory to her chosen charity. So I’m bringing all the remaining copies to the Brentford game and will be putting them on the bar in Dick’s bar after the match with a receptacle for donations. Even if you loathed it, or you’ve got it already, you can make a donation anyway if you feel like it of course! RIP Sarah, a true Albion fan.

For anyone who wasn't born then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAEKVB7nmtc

An excellent cause, and a great idea.

I can't be at the Brentford game, but would happily chuck a few quid to the charity if someone can post a link.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
i hope i still have my copy... used to have it in the car for years and years ... good idea ... hope you raise lots of money

Smith DID score

formerly Harvey's Best
Apr 25, 2009
Worthing
Great idea and a Great charity. For anyone who hasn't got the CD its worth getting for what us old people would call the 'B' side 'The Donkey Derby' guaranteed to put a smile on your face.:lolol:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Worth it for The Donkey Derby b side. ( not a b side technically but you know what I mean)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jun 27, 2012
Posters around Withdean 10 years ago...
2891736_c130772e60_z.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills