Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help needed - Sunday league team for my son (turning 12 in March) so currently u12

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
My Son is currently 11 and attends the AITC invitation sessions weekly at Blatch Mill. So he is decent but not a World beater, and needs some regular matches in the Brighton / Hove area. We are newish to the area so haven't found anywhere yet.

We are looking for a team for him starting next season. I know this could be very early to ask but not sure when the season starts (assume Sept) or when any 'trials' or whatever is required are held. (might vary by team) When we tried a couple last year we were underwhelmed by the welcome. From what i understand quite a lot of teams are over subscribed so arriving and expecting a regular game is perhaps unfair on those who have been long term supporters of the club.

Anyway, anyone who is involved with a club, and has space for another, please get in touch.....Thanks!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jun 27, 2012
My Son is currently 11 and attends the AITC invitation sessions weekly at Blatch Mill. So he is decent but not a World beater, and needs some regular matches in the Brighton / Hove area. We are newish to the area so haven't found anywhere yet.

We are looking for a team for him starting next season. I know this could be very early to ask but not sure when the season starts (assume Sept) or when any 'trials' or whatever is required are held.

Hi . I coach a u12 team in the Sussex Sunday Youth League in mid sussex area. Season runs from September to April. And games are Sunday mornings.
Most clubs run one training session a week for youngsters and then there's normally about 15-20 matches a season in the league and a couple of cup matches.
Some clubs do run trials ,
Depends on the club, but a lot of teams these days try and be "Football for all" and encourage participation as much as possible. I have a squad of 14 registered players but ensure that , rain permitting !!, everyone gets at least 25 mins in a match and that we offer fair time for all. For u12s its 9 v 9 . 60 mins a match. Goes up to 11v11 for u13s.
No fun being a sub or not getting to play.Always makes sense to rotate

...We play lots of good clubs in the Brighton area so good luck asking around.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Can he play upfront and hold the ball up?

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
That's really helpful thanks very much....Sound like a very good setup. Its really a case of finding the right club, that is a decent standard, and has some spaces....Hence the reason for coming to NSC!

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
Where are you based? We(mile oak wanderers) have two under 12 teams. One is a new team which may be perfect for you and your lad...Drop me a PM.

Thanks! We are based in Westdene so anywhere in Brighton / Hove area is fine. Will PM you

I was going to suggest these: im a qualified ref and so have had experience with most of the teams in and around brighton but have got to say Mile Oak are the friendliest and most welcoming. some of the others are run by coaches who want them to win everything whereas Mile Oak seem to treat the whole system as a more friendly welcoming to football. i'd definitely go for them if travel/ location is okay

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean
i'll chuck WoodingdeanYFC into the mix. We are pushing for our Standard Charter this season and we are a family orientated club.
Training is Saturday between 9am and 10:30

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
i'll chuck WoodingdeanYFC into the mix. We are pushing for our Standard Charter this season and we are a family orientated club.
Training is Saturday between 9am and 10:30

I'll agree with this - my 2 boys joined WYFC last season from another team, and they have flourished there. They both love playing for the club and, as parents, it is a totally different atmosphere to that of previously (where it was all getting a bit serious & cliquey amongst the grown ups) Not a hint of anything like that at the Scamps which makes it all a bit more relaxed ....& fun for the kids. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here