Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Brentford

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
I understand a one striker formation for away games, but I do think we should play two strikers for home games.

Stockdale

Calderon
Greer
Dunk
Bennet

Ince
Holla

March
Colunga

Baldock
O'Grady

I endured the home end for both Brentford and Fulham games and I rate Baldock far higher than CMS and Colunga up front, great movement and runs at the defenders better. I feel Colunga does a better job out wide than any other alternatives currently as he is a clever player with more strength than Tex, ideally lua-lua would be available. Ince and Holla to take turns at coming through Lampard style. I rate JFC and still think he is our best central attacking midfielder and would continue with him down the middle in the away one striker team but I don't think we should build a team around him as he does not dominate yet.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Why change a winning team unless forced? I would keep the same team that beat Charlton.

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
I'd like to see Tex involved in the absence of LuaLua. (probably in your team at the expense of Colunga) IMHO our most creative player who can make the chances for the striker

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
We have made ourselves hard to beat away from home havent conceeded and have scored 5 goals in three away games, I know lets change that, play two upfront and make ourselves vunrable at home.

Thank **** you're not the manager. Maybe once we are out of trouble and have the players, but currently we dont and Hughton is playing the best team in the best formation to win matches that he has available.

Probably a little over the top on the rant but still... The point stands why on earth would we want to change things up unless we go a goal or two behind?

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
We have made ourselves hard to beat away from home havent conceeded and have scored 5 goals in three away games, I know lets change that, play two upfront and make ourselves vunrable at home.

Thank **** you're not the manager. Maybe once we are out of trouble and have the players, but currently we dont and Hughton is playing the best team in the best formation to win matches that he has available.

Probably a little over the top on the rant but still... The point stands why on earth would we want to change things up unless we go a goal or two behind?

Bit over the top I agree but I do see your point, I am probably getting ahead of myself. Do name your team though please.

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
I think I might agree with you regarding Halford actually. Calderon and Greer never look happy with each other...mainly because Calde is out of place again but he IS a legend.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Bit over the top I agree but I do see your point, I am probably getting ahead of myself. Do name your team though please.

Sorry, I started the rant and by the end I realised it probably wasnt needed.

I dont expect Saturday to be super entertaining and if people are bored I would suggest singing and getting behind the team to pass the time we need to grind out results until we are out of this mess.

I would play the same formation and my team would be.

Stockdale

Calde
Greer
Dunk
Bennett

Holla
Ince
March
Baldock
Tex

CMS

I would also have CMS and Baldock switching if CMS isnt having much luck up until Hughton decides to change things. For us I think its key to get to 70 mins at 0-0 and then punch on from there. much like the first season at the AMEX under Gus.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Can people explain to me why they think Tex should start? Lightweight and gives the ball away way too easily for me. Not what we need in our current situation imo.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Can people explain to me why they think Tex should start? Lightweight and gives the ball away way too easily for me. Not what we need in our current situation imo.

For me it would be in the advanced Role one of our 'four attacking' players JFC played there Saturday and although he didnt do much wrong, he did miss a sitter and would like to see Tex in that role. Tex also played very well at Fulham and I prefer him pushing on than JFC.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
For me it would be in the advanced Role one of our 'four attacking' players JFC played there Saturday and although he didnt do much wrong, he did miss a sitter and would like to see Tex in that role. Tex also played very well at Fulham and I prefer him pushing on than JFC.

Good shout re position, I really am not a big fan of him being played on the wing as I feel as though he doesn't track back anywhere near enough to help fullbacks if we're defending. He does have a creative spark but I still feel as though he hasn't quite mastered the art of when to release/pass the ball and tries to do too much at times.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Lots could change by Saturday

Stockdale

Calderon-Greer-Dunk-McHunt

Kanchelskis-Holla-Ince-March

Owen-Ameobi

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
--------------------Stockdale--------------------
Bruno-------Greer--------Dunk-------Bennett
-------------Ince-----------Holla----------------
March--------------JFC-----------------Baldock
-------------------O'Grady-----------------------

With Colunga to come on for one of the four up-front. Other subs if necessary

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
---------------Stockdale-----------------
Calderon---Greer-----Dunk------Bennett
----------Holla----------Ince-------------
March-----------COG------------Tex-----
----------------Baldock------------------

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Are we all assuming COG's on his way then, or have we just decided he is shite again?

If you have been to Fulham, Brentford or Charlton you would know he is not shite, however he has done very well coming on and has really helped us hold onto a lead, starting and getting 70-90 minutes out of him is unlikely.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
O'Grady or Baldock should start up top. CMS did decently against Charlton but I don't remember him having many, if any shots. I'd imagine Colunga will be involved in some fashion.

seagulls99

Feb 10, 2012
--------------------Stockdale--------------------
Bruno-------Greer--------Dunk-------Bennett
-------------Ince-----------Holla----------------
March--------------Tex-----------------Colunga
-------------------O'Grady-----------------------

But think Chris Hughton will pick JFC to start over tex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here