Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yaser Kasim gets the winner for Iraq

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Former Brighton and now Swindon midfielder scores for Iraq in 1-0 Asian Cup win against Jordan.

Jordan (managed by Ray Wilkins and Frank Stapleton, a former Man Utd double act with some resonance for us...) were absolutely terrible. It's one thing not having loads of talent but they were clueless, could hardly pass it to each other and just lumped it forward aimlessly. Lots of money for not very much for Raymondo.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I always thought YS was a pretty decent prospect. I remember him, albeit through a bit of an alcoholic haze, having a decent game away at Notts County on the last day of the League 1 title-winning season.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
I remember thinking he was excellent in the SSC final (the 'test' game at the Amex, before it opened properly) and thinking he'd be excellent for us in the future, so I was a bit gutted when he went. Pleased he's doing so well though.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
After Oscar, it's "What The Fvck Am I Doing Managing In The Holy Land? - Part Two".

I've just see Yaser's goal on YouTube. I have to say I haven't seen someone march straight through Jordan's defences like that since Peter Andre was In The Jungle a decade ago.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He got released fairly soon after a reserve match, when he had an altercation with the ref, got a red card, then offered to fight some Albion fans as he sulked off. I'd imagine he's grown up a bit, since, and seems to be doing very well. Good luck to him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here