Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton's Backroom team

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
Has he brought anybody in yet? Are we sticking with the present coaching setup? I thought there was talk of Trollope coming in as his no.2

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
There was an article on the Argus site that said he was planning to bring in another coach, but would wait to see how things would work out. Nathan Jones was with him at Charlton yesterday, though for some reason in the seats to the right of the dugout rather than down there himself.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
As above. To quote Hughton's most recent pre-match presser (word for word):

(When asked if he still wanted to bring someone in)..

"Yes, and I am still of the same thinking. What I decided to do was just give myself a little bit of time to get in here, and get to know everybody that's here, because I felt that that would be the best way. And sometimes when you do that, it almost, in a good way, forces you to get to know people even more. So I'm still of the same thinking, and my plans are to bring in another coach, but it also gives me time to assess what's here and really to see the value of what's here as well."

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I've heard 2nd hand - but from a good source - who spoke to Calderwood before Christmas and before Hughton got the Brighton job that CC said that he expected to be working with CH again when he got a club.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We may be waiting to see if Jones gets the Gillingham job before we finalize any appointments.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
I've heard 2nd hand - but from a good source - who spoke to Calderwood before Christmas and before Hughton got the Brighton job that CC said that he expected to be working with CH again when he got a club.
Wouldn't surprise me if Jones hasn't won him over and that he becomes his no two ala Hyppia. Jones is obviously very good at what he does. Suspect Hughton will bring in another coach though.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
If CH brings in someone above NJ,then i suspect we will lose a good coach.I would also guess that either Trollope or Calderwood would not want to work under NJ.A dilemma !

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I dont really fancy the idea of Calderwood - seems from the Norwich perspective he was the negative influence on Hughton. Trollope sounds like a much better coach and a better fit for us from what I read

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
put nathan jones as the u21 manager & see what he does as the man in charge of a group of players
Without being disrespectful, I think it's a little naive to think he would step down from No2/Caretaker manager and managerial candidate to running the U21s.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
put nathan jones as the u21 manager & see what he does as the man in charge of a group of players

Huge demotion and he has already held that job at Charlton.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Be interesting to see if NJ gets a look-in for the Charlton job. He should be a good fit but risky maybe. And bear in mind it's a team who's owner seems to prefer foreign coaches.
There is also the question would he take the step up if offered knowing that on form he probably wouldn't see the start of next season in the job?

I would prefer to keep Nathan as first team coach but it's certainly a situation that has the prospect of pushing CH to firm up on his team

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here