Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal game tickets rant

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Apologies if fixtures, but just logged on to buy my tickets for the Arsenal game.

Mildly surprised to see that these could not be loaded on to my season ticket but instead have to be picked up at the stadium or sent by post. No print at home option.

I was given the price of 42.00 per ticket. But when I came to pay, I discover there is another pound added for delivery by post or if I went to the Amex to pick them up! So actually the price is not 42.00 but 43.00.

Why do this? And why does it cost another pound to pick them up? Post I can just about accept.

I know these are small amounts, but its this sort of petty penny pinching by the club which really annoys me.

Bloody Barber!

Rant over.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Bought mine online this afternoon. No problems at all. The site encouraged me to print tickets at home rather than pay the extra pound so that's exactly what I did.

At no point in the process did I have a mental vision of Paul Barber cackling, with his fingertips together, as lightning crashed behind him.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If you can afford the £42, the club assume you can afford the £1 crappy add-on. Them's the rules of modern day football. We'll have the last laugh. One day the whole shoddy grasping edifice will fall apart and they won't be able to GIVE their crappy product away.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Apologies if fixtures, but just logged on to buy my tickets for the Arsenal game.

Mildly surprised to see that these could not be loaded on to my season ticket but instead have to be picked up at the stadium or sent by post. No print at home option.

I was given the price of 42.00 per ticket. But when I came to pay, I discover there is another pound added for delivery by post or if I went to the Amex to pick them up! So actually the price is not 42.00 but 43.00.

Why do this? And why does it cost another pound to pick them up? Post I can just about accept.

I know these are small amounts, but its this sort of petty penny pinching by the club which really annoys me.

Bloody Barber!

Rant over.

Why didnt you click the Print At Home option?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There wasn't one.

Perhaps its because i'm overseas?

Yes because of this. The £1 surcharge is to put people off queueing up on the day, tying up resource etc etc. Bit snidey but whatever. Not as bad as 15-20% 'booking fees' for a lot of gigs, festivals etc

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Is it only the Albion that does this? Why do people still bang on at the club for this, when they don't come on here and complain every time they buy air tickets, concert tickets, sports event tickets, train tickets, cinema tickets? I agree, there seems no point saying it's £42 when there is no way of getting a ticket for that price, but it really isn't any different from buying tickets for pretty much any other event or service, and at £1 it isn't the most expensive processing/service/booking charge.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

Bloody Barber!

Rant over.

Save the money and spend it on a good night out i am, with no decent strikers on board we can only lose.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Save the money and spend it on a good night out i am, with no decent strikers on board we can only lose.

Difference between supporters and our new casual fans I guess. Fair enough though at least you are honest

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Difference between supporters and our new casual fans I guess. Fair enough though at least you are honest

been supporting the Albion since i was 11 in 1979,you don`t have to go to every game to be a loyal fan and i have got better things to spend my money on, than watching my team lose in an fa cup match in which they do not have a cat in hells chance of winning, due to poor quality signings and lack of real ambition since leaving the Withdean:albion2:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
My Charlton tickets arrived with 50p post mark so its clearly 50p for the envelope! Not that I care.

Wally Gould

Jul 10, 2011
I see the 'experience' of using the Seagull site to do any transactions have not improved. Just completed the purchase of three Arsenal tickets which took 40 minutes to complete. My wife and I and our Grandson are set up as family and friends which I realised could not be used for this game. I bought my Grandsons ticket using his ID with my C/C and ticked the option to print at home (emailed arrived confirming the transaction but no ticket to print! Also the transaction gave the option to print a copy, when printed it was two blank pages!!). I then bought my wifes ticket using her ID etc. exactly the same and the ticket did arrive to print. I then bought mine using my ID and bought my ticket but there was no option to tick the box to print at home? Had to pay an extra £1 for postage. Now a period of stress waiting for my ticket to arrive in the post and wondering where my Grandsons ticket has gone?
What a carry on for season ticket holders to just buy three tickets! No wonder the website is so slow and difficult to get on.
Come on Albion IT department get your act together!! :ffsparr:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Is it only the Albion that does this? Why do people still bang on at the club for this, when they don't come on here and complain every time they buy air tickets, concert tickets, sports event tickets, train tickets, cinema tickets? I agree, there seems no point saying it's £42 when there is no way of getting a ticket for that price, but it really isn't any different from buying tickets for pretty much any other event or service, and at £1 it isn't the most expensive processing/service/booking charge.

You just don't get it do you, this is BHAFC where fans have an automatic right to moan at something no matter what.

Even if we won the Champions League a fan somewhere would definitely find something to moan about.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Bloody Barber!

Rant over.

I printed mine at home for nothing.

I pay £1 a ticket extra for every away match :shrug: but I pay between £6 & £15 if I purchase a concert ticket

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Bought mine online this afternoon. No problems at all. The site encouraged me to print tickets at home rather than pay the extra pound so that's exactly what I did.

At no point in the process did I have a mental vision of Paul Barber cackling, with his fingertips together, as lightning crashed behind him.

Ah, but you seem like an intelligent chap with a reasonable approach to an on-line ticket purchasing application provided by a 3rd party, rather than a small minded individual who wets himself with excitement at any opportunity to have a go at the club.

The free print at home option was one of three available when I bought my tickets; it's obviously the one that the club prefer as they incur no admin. overheads.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Is it only the Albion that does this? .

Well five minutes on google finds from all four divisions ....................
Arsenal

Members Booking Fees (applicable during Members Booking Period):
Online booking fee - £1.65 per ticket
Telephone booking fee - £1.85 per ticket
Friends and Family, General Sale Booking Fees:
Online booking fee - £2.10 per ticket
Telephone booking fee - £2.20 per ticket
Postage fee - £2.20
Ticketfast fee per booking - £2.00
Ticket Transfer fee per ticket- £1.00

Derby
Booking Fees

Tickets are subject to a booking fee of £1 per ticket (to a maximum of £5 per transaction). The booking fee also applies when buying tickets online or over the phone.

Read more at http://www.dcfc.co.uk/tickets/ticket-prices/index.aspx#3oxhzMSWfDZ1HfSF.99

Orient
Booking fees per ticket are £0.50 online and£1 by phone
Read more at http://www.leytonorient.com/tickets/ticket-prices/index.aspx#iq46DLYIPpSs7TZH.99

Exeter
What charges will be applied to booking in advance?
Tickets bought in advance by phone or online will have a nominal booking fee of 25p per order if collected on matchdays, or they can be posted at the price of 65p second class or 80p first class per order. Tickets bought in advance in person from Reception by cash, cheque or debit card are not subject to any booking fees but credit cards will incur a £1 charge per order.

Read more at http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/tickets/ticket-prices/index.aspx#sASqebSIwUX9LoPH.99

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here