Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New seagull/s

Stockport seagull

Jan 10, 2015
Hi all
I know many people would frown on this, but as I Stockport county season ticket holder of 15 years I have finally had enough, my first son was born a year ago and I have been recently thinking do I want to put him through the rubbish that I have been put through, not just on the pitch but off it as well, the club is a shambles from head to toe, I have never been a glory hunter so going to eastlands or old Trafford are 100% out of the question, please don't think I go to football games expecting 3 points, Stockport county are ran so poorly it as got beyond that, so I have been studying most teams from the championship to L2 to try and find a team I would be proud to follow and take my lad, and brighton pretty much ticks all the boxes except it being over 4 hours away, I can't promise to be a season ticket holder but I will try my best to get to the Amex a couple of times a season and will get to Blackpool Bolton and Blackburn in the next couple of months for away games, just wanted to introduce myself anyway and say that you have got a fantastic club and I hope it gives me and jake many happy years! Cheers Al

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Welcome on board. We have a very good away following and so matches in the north will always be worth going to.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
You will always be County, it's what you're born with.

But then, what's wrong with a little playing away if it gives you what you can't get at home? You no doubt know the troubles we had not so many years ago so I hope that can give you some hope but, in the meantime, thanks for choosing Albion and keep us updated on your trips.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Hi all
I know many people would frown on this, but as I Stockport county season ticket holder of 15 years I have finally had enough, my first son was born a year ago and I have been recently thinking do I want to put him through the rubbish that I have been put through, not just on the pitch but off it as well, the club is a shambles from head to toe, I have never been a glory hunter so going to eastlands or old Trafford are 100% out of the question, please don't think I go to football games expecting 3 points, Stockport county are ran so poorly it as got beyond that, so I have been studying most teams from the championship to L2 to try and find a team I would be proud to follow and take my lad, and brighton pretty much ticks all the boxes except it being over 4 hours away, I can't promise to be a season ticket holder but I will try my best to get to the Amex a couple of times a season and will get to Blackpool Bolton and Blackburn in the next couple of months for away games, just wanted to introduce myself anyway and say that you have got a fantastic club and I hope it gives me and jake many happy years! Cheers Al

I too am a native of Stockport.

Heritage makes me a Brighton fan and my family home has been in the south coast for many years. Although I currently live and work in New York I have kept my season ticket and go to as many games as I can when I'm back in the UK.

I used to go to many County games (favourite all time County player is Andy Kilner) and the community feel of the club is very similar to Brighton (although Albion is now getting a bit too corporate for my liking). Albion is a great club. I know we all have a rant from time to time but I love going to the Amex and myself and my son love supporting them.

Enjoy the ride - but keep an eye on County for me!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Hi all

Next you will be expecting an Arsenal cup ticket!

I respect your right to change teams but aren't our teams in our DNA?!?! Even during our darkest times, I never thought about changing my allegiance to the team.

Having said that, welcome to BHAFC homie! :D

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I like to keep an eye on County, proper fans.

It's nice we are getting new supporters, but don't abandon County when they need you the most.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Ok can me and her come to your next PARTY
You do realise most of my posts are just a laugh:moo:

Yep, even when you're angry or trying to be serious!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
You will always be County, it's what you're born with.

But then, what's wrong with a little playing away if it gives you what you can't get at home? You no doubt know the troubles we had not so many years ago so I hope that can give you some hope but, in the meantime, thanks for choosing Albion and keep us updated on your trips.

Not sure I necessarily agree with that - people can change and in my view it can be totally acceptable. My dad changed his team completely. Being Irish but growing up in North London he supported QPR as his local team. He moved down here in his late twenties, and when I turned 7/8 and was playing football, he started taking me to watch the Albion. No clash, QPR were in the Prem and we were in what is now League 1, and were not long after in League 2. He enjoyed it, we went to Gillingham and the Withdean, but he was always a QPR fan taking his son to watch his local team. Then, a few years into the Withdean era we played QPR for the first time, a QPR player absolutely clattered Zamora after about 5 mins, and he went mental - he said he realised he'd become a Brighton fan, it wasn't possible to support anyone over the players you watch week in week out and the club you've started to feel a part of. Now he's nothing but Brighton, and what with the circus that is QPR these days, has no interest in them whatsoever.

That said, the OP sounds like a wind-up.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Not sure I necessarily agree with that - people can change and in my view it can be totally acceptable. My dad changed his team completely. Being Irish but growing up in North London he supported QPR as his local team. He moved down here in his late twenties, and when I turned 7/8 and was playing football, he started taking me to watch the Albion. No clash, QPR were in the Prem and we were in what is now League 1, and were not long after in League 2. He enjoyed it, we went to Gillingham and the Withdean, but he was always a QPR fan taking his son to watch his local team. Then, a few years into the Withdean era we played QPR for the first time, a QPR player absolutely clattered Zamora after about 5 mins, and he went mental - he said he realised he'd become a Brighton fan, it wasn't possible to support anyone over the players you watch week in week out and the club you've started to feel a part of. Now he's nothing but Brighton, and what with the circus that is QPR these days, has no interest in them whatsoever.

That said, the OP sounds like a wind-up.
Oh! I've just invited him round to look after my house and kids in Newhaven while I'm away. Am I being a bit naive?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
You are your own man so i have no problem with you are saying. The Albion welcome all, we are a mixed bunch and a broad "church". That said its much easier to support a team nearby, are there not any teams that fit the bill that you could see? I say that as someone who has travel from north London for a "home" game.

Stockport seagull

Jan 10, 2015
Well I am a barber and shut my shop early on matchdays but we are expecting our 2nd child in July so financially I would have to stop that and work all day, so going to home games for any team will be few and far between, as I said tho I will be at the Amex a couple of times a season it looks a cracking stadium, can I just point out tho im not trying to make out il be brightons fan of the year just looks like a good ran club

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Well I am a barber and shut my shop early on matchdays but we are expecting our 2nd child in July so financially I would have to stop that and work all day, so going to home games for any team will be few and far between, as I said tho I will be at the Amex a couple of times a season it looks a cracking stadium, can I just point out tho im not trying to make out il be brightons fan of the year just looks like a good ran club
It would be cheaper to fly to Spain wouldn't it?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here