Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton fan attacked.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Hope we weren't involved, or a group posing as us.

Agree with above though.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
It's a shame that such groups need to exist at all in 2015 (the LGBT ones), although I understand why they do.

This.

It is mildly ironic given our reputation that we don't have one - I see it as positive in the sense that our fans don't think something like that is needed.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I agree, I don't see the need to have a group like this. Altho to say there's more gay Brighton fans than other clubs is probably completely incorrect. Most fans tend to suppor their local team to where they grow up so the fact many gay people move to Brighton from other areas probably plays little part Affecting the Albion and our fanbase. I know there's a 'gay gooners' group too - I guess there's others if Spurs and charlton have one?!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Screen Shot 2015-01-11 at 14.04.45.png

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Yeah, cos heterosexuals are really victimized aren't they. I'm assuming this's gooner twitter is a fake. Nevertheless, shows zero appreciation of the difficulties LGBT people face.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Football should be about the football, not gay groups and such... I don't see the connection myself.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I agree, I don't see the need to have a group like this. Altho to say there's more gay Brighton fans than other clubs is probably completely incorrect. Most fans tend to suppor their local team to where they grow up so the fact many gay people move to Brighton from other areas probably plays little part Affecting the Albion and our fanbase. I know there's a 'gay gooners' group too - I guess there's others if Spurs and charlton have one?!

Apparently, an LGBT survey showed that only 8% of the gay population in Brighton is local by origin.

It is highly unlikely we have any more LGBT fans than anyone else.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Despicable behaviour by whoever perpetrated this attack. I hope justice will be done.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I see the club have released a statement condemning the behaviour.

Not really sure why they had to do that, when it had nothing to do with our fans

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Disgusting to hear this news. I hope the cops throw the book at them.

Haven't they suffered enough without being persecuted by book throwing OB? It starts with leaflets, moves onto pamphlets, then before you know it full editions of Encyclopedia Britannica.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
We released the statement as the group posed as Albion fans. They were not. We also find this quite an appalling and cowardly act, and would like to assist the police in catching the perpetrators.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
We released the statement as the group posed as Albion fans. They were not. We also find this quite an appalling and cowardly act, and would like to assist the police in catching the perpetrators.

Can I suggest the facebook posting from 2 hours ago contains the whole of the statement as it currently says -

"Brighton & Hove Albion chief executive Paul Barber has condemned a cowardly attack by thugs on Charlton Athletic's LGBT supporters group ahead of yesterday's game between the two clubs at the Valley."

Doesn't mention our fans were not involved and, not having seen the news before, I assumed ours might have been.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here