Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Post match Charlton forum comments...

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
...in summary, they think we were crap.

That's the worst Brighton team I've seen at the Valley for a long time and we weren't much better in our performance.

They were rubbish. We were more rubbish.

We lost to a vary ordinary team.

Brighton were poor today but they had enough.

Poor today but we had more than enough chances to beat the worst brighton team I have seen for a long time.

Two weak sides, a predictable lack of chances from two very low scoring teams and the outcome determined by a really poor goalkeeping error.

A dour battle between two poor teams that could have gone either way. As it happened they won, but it could have been us.

Brighton. Good support. Crap side. We should have seen them off like we should have seen off so many other crap sides this season.

Brighton were crap, had one chance and scored yet we couldn't find a way to break them down.

A very worrying afternoon,failure to get anything out of a match against a very poor Brighton team gives real cause for concern

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Certainly some truth in what they say. But as long as we stay up i don't care. This team is weak and thank god we have a decent manager to organize them

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

That's the worst Brighton team I've seen at the Valley for a long time and we weren't much better in our performance.

Poor today but we had more than enough chances to beat the worst brighton team I have seen for a long time.

Two weak sides, a predictable lack of chances from two very low scoring teams and the outcome determined by a really poor goalkeeping error.

A dour battle between two poor teams that could have gone either way. As it happened they won, but it could have been us.

Brighton. Good support. Crap side. We should have seen them off like we should have seen off so many other crap sides this season.

Brighton were crap, had one chance and scored yet we couldn't find a way to break them down.

A very worrying afternoon,failure to get anything out of a match against a very poor Brighton team gives real cause for concern

It wasn't the best performance ever to be sure and we had a lot of luck on our side. However, if they think that was bad they should have seen us under Sami! At least we were organised and I felt we dominated possession at the start of the game without creating anything decent. We are going to have to get used to some pragmatic football over the next couple of months but so long as it results in more wins I'll be happy.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

Sour grapes. Expect the same from Norwich when we hopefully beat them.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
To be fair Charlton fans have been spoilt with some of our recent performances there. The 2-1 win early under Poyet which was the start of Benno and Lua Lua on each wing. Not to forget the exceptional 4-0 the following year in our promotion winning season. With the exception of Peterborough away the previous week that was the best Brighton performance I've ever seen.

So yeah compared to those performances we were ordinary

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
They are not a lot different to a lot of our supporters then. I have often read on here how we have been beaten by a poor side. It started with Sheffield Wednesday on the first day of the season and they seem to be doing ok. It is the way of football.

On here I have read that JFC missed a sitter. On the Charlton board they reckon we scored with our only chance. Well on the highlights JFC had the ball at his feet in front of goal with the goalkeeper to beat and was time pressured by other defenders. He shot and the goalkeeper saved. It was not a sitter but it was a chance. So we definitely had other opportunities to score.

We were the away team and by the sound of it competed equally with them. That is a result for an away team in the relegation zone.

I think CH wants us to play tight, show some fight and be difficult to beat. We have lost players but seem to be playing more as a team with a plan. We should stay up and that would be a result given how things were earlier.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Hopefully we have plumbed the depths and are now consistently rising.

Charlton, however, now seem to be heading for the bottom.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
We've had a few games this year where we deserved more, and have been unlucky. They hit the bar, we may have scored another with JFC, they might have had a penalty, my heart was in my mouth then.
Our day, we did well, onwards and upwards.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Sounds like sour grapes, if you went yesterday you will know that some good football was played, particually in the first half.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We edged the game so a 1 goal win was fair although a draw wouldn't have been an unfair result too. It's backs to the wall time, we've improved immensely but still aren't that good - stay up and regroup in the transfer window and close season

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I would agree with some of the comments there. Charlton played like we have done for much of this season, not especially terrible in overall play just a toothlessness up front. We still don't look quite as fluid and threatening as we could be but you can really sense a confidence growing in the squad. Calde was overlapping and crossing, the back four were playing their way out of trouble and CMS, for all his faults, was actually winning a lot of the balls we aimed at him and at least making something of a contest between him and their defence.I think O'Grady should start the next game though. JFC came in for a lot of moaning over his missed chance and a few misplaced passes but I felt he did a good job, lots of interceptions, making himself available and showed real desire to win the ball back. Ince showed once again why we had such a good record with him in the team last season with another dominant performance. He started this season quite poorly so it's fantastic to see him cementing his place once again. In short, it was a game we probably would have lost by the same scoreline last month. Both Charlton and Brighton have the quality to make a lot more of this season than they have so far.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here