Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Dunk worth more than £2M?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Suggestions that WBA are to offer £2M for Lewis Dunk, according to the Times apparently.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He is to us at the moment. We have enough positions that already need strengthening without adding another one. Can we please stop selling our best players for a few months?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Didn't Leicester offer 3 million for Leo, and eventually paid 8 million ( raising to 10 million ) ? ???

6 million seems fair given potential and length of contract.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Yes. English, young, comfortable on the ball central defender with an eye (head) for goal.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A young, English, ball playing, centre half, on a long contract.

£2m is frankly insulting.

I just can't see Dunk going anywhere until the conversation is considerably closer to Ulloa type money.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
they have missed the 1 out and it could go either side
2m cheeky sods

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Probably £3m to £3.5m plus add-ons in the current market (an extra £1m if they stay up! Plus appearances) would be my reckoning but in the January window for a club in trouble you might push for £5m

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
photo.jpg

I should hope we'd hold out for a damn sight more than that, if we do sell. Nothing more than an uneducated guess from Castles, I'd hope.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That would be a bad move for him WBA dont set the Premier alight and wont even with Pulis in charge for a while. We could make more by hanging on for other offers and he could do better by doing the same.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Double that figure and we'll start talking...

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
They've just offered a lot less to see what we say. I'm sure West Brom know we won't accept.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If he goes please can we re-invest the money in new players for a change.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
The club would be mad to accept £2 million. We've shown we're no pushovers when you look at how the Ulloa transfer was conducted so I would very much hope any agreed deal would we well in excess of that figure that has been quoted.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Cheeky opening bid if true. :D

Interesting. I wonder if Gus will be sniffing around?

Also, with Arsenal due at the Amex an impressive display could see his stock rise even further.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Albion players seem to be doing a much better job of getting into the Premier League by jumping ship rather than sticking with the club. Our list of ex defenders in the Premier League next season could be Dunk, Upson, Ward, Cook & Elphick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here