Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Art - best place to buy online?

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
Hi, I'm looking for recommendations for a decent painting / photo of a Brighton scene for my wall... The Mrs wants beach scene (huts / pier etc) I'm open to all suggestions

We went into a few places near the seafront on our last trip down, but didn't have the car so ended up not buying.

Thanks.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There is a shop in Shoreham run by a co-operative of about 24 local artists who do all sorts of art including some local scenes. You may ge after paintings, but I happen to know they have some terrific photos of Brighton at the mo.

There is that Hardy chap in Shoreham however he tends to do only Shoreham paintings but they are very good.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There is a shop in Shoreham run by a co-operative of about 24 local artists who do all sorts of art including some local scenes. You may ge after paintings, but I happen to know they have some terrific photos of Brighton at the mo.

Shoreham Art Gallery - http://shorehamgallery.co.uk

They caught my eye this week when I noticed this tweet...

[tweet]553166175765819394[/tweet]

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
If you can get yourself a decent photo/postcard of sorts and are looking to get it blown up onto wood, canvas or acrylic, I'd recommend Colourstream down St James's Street. Might cost you a few quid and the wait for your items to be created may be about a week, but the quality is absolutely excellent.

Just got a couple of postcards converted into art for the flat through them - the wife and I are over the moon with the end results. :thumbsup:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
There is that Hardy chap in Shoreham however he tends to do only Shoreham paintings but they are very good.

I really should have spotted that. Malcolm has been a friend of mine for nearly 30 years and I have one of his Shoreham paintings on my stairs.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I really should have spotted that. Malcolm has been a friend of mine for nearly 30 years and I have one of his Shoreham paintings on my stairs.

We have one of his paintings in the living room, no prizes fur guessing what it is of.........

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
We have one of his paintings in the living room, no prizes fur guessing what it is of.........

Hmm, I wonder.

When I was young there was a guy called Greg Parmenter (I think) who did super pen and ink pictures of Shoreham, in fact when we lived at the kennels we commissioned him to do one of it. I think he had a sex-change and was never mentioned in the house again, but mum still has the pics. They were very good I thought.

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
Thanks guys (and girls) loads to go at there. I'll have a look at them all this evening when the family have left after Sunday lunch.

ThenNotAnd

Dec 13, 2021
When I was young there was a guy called Greg Parmenter (I think) who did super pen and ink pictures of Shoreham, in fact when we lived at the kennels we commissioned him to do one of it. I think he had a sex-change and was never mentioned in the house again, but mum still has the pics. They were very good I thought.

New user here … I signed up to reply to this old post. I had Googled ‘Greg Parmenter’ as I have recently acquired two of his pen and ink drawings. There is next to nothing about him, this thread was one of only two relevant results.

The two pictures are only 4” square, it’s hard to believe they are not prints that have been scaled down from a larger painting, as the detail is so fine, but they do appear to be original. One is if boats in Shoreham Harbour, the other of St Martins Lane, Lewes. Both excellent pieces of work. Should anyone be interested I’ll find a way to post photos of them.

I thought I’d best to leave it until the end to mention that despite living in in East Sussex (Heathfield) I am a Hammers season ticket holder so was at the 1-1 draw with the Seagulls last week. Gutted by the late equaliser but couldn’t really argue against a draw being fair. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
How about the guys that do the always excellent Brighton and Hove Calendar? Was 'North Laine Photography', now seems to have been relocated to 'Brighton Photography'. Some stunning photos there, well worth a browse :thumbsup:

http://www.brightonphotography.com/

Yep they're good, highly recommend. I got some lovely seafront pics from NLP to bring with me when I moved here as a reminder of 'home', although home has become here now I have a family.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here