Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] HUGHTON LOOKING FORWARD TO AMEX BOW

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
hughton-l229-2195344_478x359.jpg

Chris Hughton applauds the Albion fans at The Valley
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

Brighton & Hove Albion boss Chris Hughton says he's been blown away by the Seagulls’ away support since he arrived at the club – and now he is looking forward to his first home game at the Amex after back-to-back away wins in his first two matches in charge.

Albion fans have bought out the entire away allocations for trips to Fulham, Brentford and Charlton in the last two weeks – and the travelling numbers have made a great first impression on the new boss.Hughton said, "The support since I have arrived has been terrific. We sold out the allocation at Brentford last week in the FA Cup and again at Charlton – and they have been outstanding.
"The away support is excellent with how they have got behind the team, and now I am really looking forward to my first home game next week."

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The new boss takes charge at the Amex for the first time when Albion entertain Brentford next Saturday, before visits from Ipswich and Arsenal, all in the space of eight days – and he has warned his side they need to focus on continuing their move away from danger."It's about trying to keep that winning mentality and the players have responded very well," added Hughton. "We can't afford to switch off, because as we have seen this weekend, one win can take you up the table, but just as easily one defeat can put you back in amongst it.
"It is going to be a tough fight for lots of teams, right through, because of the way this division. The Championship is a very, very competitive division and I think it will be that way right until the end.
"That is the quality of the league. If you look at the teams and all of those who have had problems –Wigan for example, or Fulham and Bolton – the Championship is full of teams who are capable of winning games and getting out of that position.
"It's a long, hard, tough season and at the moment we are winning games and doing well, but we need to keep doing that.
"The results have gone well so far and I can only speak well of what they've given me, but we still have a responsibility to the club, to make the squad as good a squad as we can and that is something we will continue to do.
"I am trying to get a good balance. The team have been expansive, and with that they have been able to pass the ball well and keep possession.
"I don't want to take too much of that away – but at times we need to be a little bit more compact and tougher to beat. We have managed to do that in the last couple of games."
[h=3]ALBION V brentford
[/h]saturday 17th january, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v ipswich
[/h]WEDNESDAY 21ST JANUARY, kick-off 7:45pm

[h=3]Albion v arsenal
[/h]SunDAY 25TH januARY, kick-off 4pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here