Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

o/t Mobile Phone help required please

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Right, I have an iphone 5s and have been given a work phone (Samsung Galaxy x cover 2) now I want to transfer all the calls made to the work phone (Samsung) to my iphone.

I have set it up correctly (Many times!!) but every time i ring my work phone from a different phone (The wifes) all I keep getting is "the number you require is not available"

Please believe me, I have set up the call forwarding correctly, well as it says it should be done anyway :shrug:

It may be that something else needs to be configured, I really don't know, any help in making it happen would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Tony

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
How have you formatted the number ? Try as +447.... Be aware your work phone will be charged / used minutes as a outbound call for the duration to fwd any calls

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
How have you formatted the number ? Try as +447.... Be aware your work phone will be charged / used minutes as a outbound call for the duration to fwd any calls

Yes the number is formatted as +447 and the charges to the work phone are fine. well it will be fine if i can get the stupid thing to divert the calls to my phone! :lol:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
It may be that divert is barred by the network. might be worth ringing them to find out.
Also try diverting to a landline
Also try diverting a different mobile to your iphone.

You have to prove what *is* working in order to eliminate it.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Might be teaching you to suck eggs here, but call the mobile you've been ringing from, from the number that's "unavailable" could be a mistyped digit?!?! Other than that, dunno!!!

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
Well it must be something to do with my iphone, cos if i divert my samsung calls to my wifes iphone it works fine! the only difference is i'm on giff gaff and shes on O2..............i'm confused!!

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
try your sim in wife's phone & vice versa to prove whether it's phone or sim. I suspect it's sim so if it is, try a sim swap (https://giffgaff.com/support/sim-and-number/change-your-sim).
After that, raise it as an issue with the giffgaff helpers on line.

Ive been online with the giff gaff helpers for the last couple of hours, it would appear to be a setting on my iphone thats either needed or needs to be deleted, but im getting nowhere fast........really appreciate your help, thanks :thumbsup:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Ive been online with the giff gaff helpers for the last couple of hours, it would appear to be a setting on my iphone thats either needed or needs to be deleted, but im getting nowhere fast........really appreciate your help, thanks :thumbsup:

That sounds odd. There's no difference in the way a diverted call is offered to the phone by the network, that's why I said swap sims with your wife to see if it comes in ok.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
That sounds odd. There's no difference in the way a diverted call is offered to the phone by the network, that's why I said swap sims with your wife to see if it comes in ok.

With Giff Gaff it says you should enter **21*phone number to forward to# ................. into the phone you want to forward the number from, in this case the samsung, but the samsung will not accept any type of combination of this format + my number........ALL it will accept is JUST my number, which it the transforms into +44etc etc

I think I will just go back to O2 and it will be easier! :lol:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
With Giff Gaff it says you should enter **21*phone number to forward to# ................. into the phone you want to forward the number from, in this case the samsung, but the samsung will not accept any type of combination of this format + my number........ALL it will accept is JUST my number, which it the transforms into +44etc etc

I think I will just go back to O2 and it will be easier! :lol:

On the samsung try doing ##21# to cancel all diverts then **21*0044<your mobile number minus the leading zero>#
then *#21# to check it.

I still reckon it's the giffgaff sim that's flaky, it isn't registering properly so try it with the iphone turned off

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
On the samsung try doing ##21# to cancel all diverts then **21*0044<your mobile number minus the leading zero>#
then *#21# to check it.

I still reckon it's the giffgaff sim that's flaky, it isn't registering properly so try it with the iphone turned off

I have done all the above, it does say its registered, the tone i now get however is not one i have heard before.....its a long intermittent one, i must be honest your ideas seem to have furthered things better than giff gaff forum etc thanks :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here