Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
ch-l229-2194863_478x359.jpg

Chris Hughton at The Valley
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
18:33 10th January 2015
by Adam Tighe
We were very resilient when we had to be, we opened up the game and showed some real quality at times"
Chris Hughton

Brighton & Hove Albion boss Chris Hughton praised two of his young midfielders after they combined for the only goal of the game in the Seagulls' win at Charlton.Rohan Ince rose above the home defence to head home Solly March's pinpoint free-kick and clinch a third successive win, which have all come in the nation's capital.
Hughton said, "My first impression was I thought the ball was too long, but if you deliver a ball with that type of pace then you will always have a chance.
"What you also need is someone on the end of it and put it in the back of the net, and Rohan was able to do that."

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Hughton also admitted he feared Albion had conceded, seconds before Ince's goal, as Athletic’s Chris Solly rattled the underside of the crossbar with a 20-yard strike."I thought that was going in, but those are the margins in the game. Had it gone in then it would have been much more difficult for us. But also we had Jake's opportunity and if that had gone in then it would also have been very different."
Hughton has masterminded back-to-back wins for Albion, on the back of a win and a draw for interim boss Nathan Jones, and the Seagulls are now unbeaten in five, haven't conceded a goal in the last three games, and sit three points above the drop zone.
The Albion boss added, "I'm absolutely delighted. It was a tight affair and I didn't expect too many chances. Charlton have had a little bit of a dip in their form – but it is still a difficult place to come.
"We were very resilient when we had to be, we opened up the game and showed some real quality at times.
"Speaking to the defenders and goalkeeper they are delighted with the clean sheets – and if you can keep clean sheets as often as possible, then it gives you a great chance of winning football matches."
[h=3]ALBION V brentford
[/h]saturday 17th january, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v ipswich
[/h]WEDNESDAY 21ST JANUARY, kick-off 7:45pm

[h=3]Albion v arsenal
[/h]SunDAY 25TH januARY, kick-off 4pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills