Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings

jimmygull

Mar 22, 2012
Missed it all today due to work, thought I'd kick it off to see how individuals did, now that some fans will be getting home?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Stockdale - 8 - MOM
Calde - 6.5 - got done a few times
Dunk 7.5
Greer 7 - some sloppy play but a couple of very nice attempted through balls
Bennett - 6 - sloppy by his standards

Holla - 7
Ince - 7.5 - is becoming more composed, which is improving his first touch.

Baldock - 6.5 - took too long over a golden opportunity with goalie off his line
JFC - 7 - very mixed. Missed an absolute sitter and also started poorly but played some nice touches in the second half
March - 7 - tried a bit too much occasionally but showed invention

CMS - 5 - largely anonymous. Never going to score at this level unless the entire team and tactics are set up perfectly for him.

---

Bruno - 6 - basically just whacked the ball every time it came to him
COG - 7 - hopefully he won't pick up on some of the Heskey-esque mickey taking as he's now a genuinely useful member of our squad. Right player to bring on at 1-0 up, helped keep the ball down the other end.

Stumpy Tim

Stockdale - 7 - Made some good saves, but amazed anyone would say MOM. Played well, but still...
Calde - 6.5 - Did appear to be our weaker side
Dunk 7.5 - Another cracking gme
Greer - 7 - Very solid. Great to see the solidity return
Bennett - 7 - Ok defensively, very good going forward

Holla - 7 - Solid but unspectacular
Ince - 8 - What a player. Hyppia looks more of a fool every time Rohan plays

Baldock - 6.5 - Worked hard, nice touches, but not a winger
JFC - 7 - Excellent in his proper position. I prefer him to Tex in there
March - 8.5 - On the ball, the best player on the pitch. Looks like he has so much time. MOM

CMS - 4.5 - Cr*p

---

Bruno - 6 - Baffling that he came on for Ince
COG - 7 - Should have started

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Not to be negative after such a great result, but this seems to come up EVERY game he plays.

He's a disaster waiting to happen.

No his not. Better option than Bruno.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Noticed the low marks for CMS but according to WA he was one of our best players with his runs off the ball but none of the midfielders picked him up. The sooner Bruno is back instead of Calderon the better for the team as he is a far better defender and gets caught out less often.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Ince , March, Bennett , were my choice of best players Stockdale?didn`t think he had much to do. Dunk and Greer steady at the back CMS headless chicken my take on COG when through didn`t score but ok ish. Still need 6ft + strongman up front..But great result unbeaten since Hypia gone...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Noticed the low marks for CMS but according to WA he was one of our best players with his runs off the ball but none of the midfielders picked him up. The sooner Bruno is back instead of Calderon the better for the team as he is a far better defender and gets caught out less often.

Crap on both points.

Brunos appearance today very nearly changed the game. And not in way we would have wanted.

Making statements like that and not even being there shows you're posting crap

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Calderon WAS an extremely good attacking full back, but for a couple of seasons now he gets caught by pace ... age has caught up with him. But he still puts in some good performances, pops up with vital goals, interacts well with teamates and appears to love the club. A RB is needed, and I assume most fans see Calderon as a future part of the coaching team.

CMS - interesting that the reports today about him are so widely differing.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Just back from the game. Felt Charlton were woeful and could easily get caught up in a relegation battle.

Stockdale - 8 - very assured, great save in first half from Calderon's header!
Calderon - 6 - worked hard, but was exposed in 1 on 1's.
Bennett - 6 - Defensively, slightly better, but still not good enough. Ball watching early on, nearly cost us.
Dunk - 7 - a rock
Greer - 7 - see above
Holla - 7 - always available. Much stronger midfield......
Ince - 8 - immense first half, started to tire in second, but was surprised when he was withdrawn.
JFC - 6 - much better in an offensive position. Should have scored.
March - 7 - flatters to deceive a little for me. Often too many touches and could have played others in earlier, but good performance
Baldock - 6 - out of position and lacking confidence, but put in a shift. Would prefer him down the middle.
CMS - 6 - time is running out for him. Went down way too easily, pace has gone slightly as well.

Bruno - 6 - Nothing of note, but kept 'spoiling' the game from a Charlton perspective by effectively breaking play up
O'Grady - 6 - More presence than CMS
Halford - N/A - couple of good clearances towards the end.

Support - 8 - not as loud as Fulham, but a good effort.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Noticed the low marks for CMS but according to WA he was one of our best players with his runs off the ball but none of the midfielders picked him up.

That's 'cos he's so crap ... his runs might be good but as soon as the ball makes contact with his foot it's off into oblivion

Withdeano

Oct 30, 2010
Horsham
Stockers - 7. Solid. Is now the keeper we hoped he would be when he signed
Calde - 6. Committed as ever but caught out several times
Dunk - 7. Solid. One super tackle in 2nd half
Greer - 6. Ok
Bennett - 5.5 a bit lightweight today
Ince - 8. Big presence in MF and a goal too
Holla - 5. Didn't do much of note
Solly - 8. Most creative player. Looking back on track now. Pulled strings and some good passes. Set CMS off to win the decisive FK then whipped it in nicely for Incey to score
Baldock - 4. Looked utterly lost
CMS - 6 worked hard as always but didn't get a sniff at goal. Was always going to go off for COG
JFC - 6.5 some good moments. Should have done better with keeper to beat at start of 2nd half

Bruno - 6. Put on to keep it simple and did that on the whole. Strange he replaced Ince though. Silly booking
COG - 7. Very accomplished. Led the line well. Looked confident
Halford - too little time to really judge

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I thought Bennett was excellent today for 70 mins. Same with Ince who's improving again - still can't header a ball for shit (yes I appreciate the irony in that but it's 100% true haha).

CMS had a thankless task but did well for me... 2 centre halves were brilliant again...

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Compared to Brentford last week when he really was shocking CMS had a fair game today, won about 75% of the headers he challenged for and made a lot of effort. That said, COG looked the better option in the period he was on for.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Crap on both points.

Brunos appearance today very nearly changed the game. And not in way we would have wanted.

Making statements like that and not even being there shows you're posting crap

Sorry Piltdown, but absolute nonsense and you apparently attended!

You just don't like Bruno (aka Mr Liability if I recall), so you're hardly being objective. Calderon was weak today in 1 v 1's, and I think we missed Bruno's experience there.

However, Bruno did nothing of note when he came on and I was surprised Ince was taken off and can only assume he was injured or just shattered.

He took a booking for the team when Bennett was out of position and March had managed to lose possession by playing a sloppy pass in an attacking area.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Calderon WAS an extremely good attacking full back, but for a couple of seasons now he gets caught by pace ... age has caught up with him. But he still puts in some good performances, pops up with vital goals, interacts well with teamates and appears to love the club. A RB is needed, and I assume most fans see Calderon as a future part of the coaching team.

CMS - interesting that the reports today about him are so widely differing.

I totally agree with you regarding Calderon but to suggest, as others, do Bruno is better is way off the mark. Bruno is hardly ever in his position to be beaten!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

The comment about Bruno was a general observation not based on 1 game, he is far superior to Calderon. As regards CMS you should listen to the radio Sussex interview after the game with JFC and then you would realise how much he contributes to the team and how much they appreciate his running off the ball to give them an outlet.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Sorry Piltdown, but absolute nonsense and you apparently attended!

You just don't like Bruno (aka Mr Liability if I recall), so you're hardly being objective. Calderon was weak today in 1 v 1's, and I think we missed Bruno's experience there.

However, Bruno did nothing of note when he came on and I was surprised Ince was taken off and can only assume he was injured or just shattered.

He took a booking for the team when Bennett was out of position and March had managed to lose possession by playing a sloppy pass in an attacking area.

Bruno was weak when he come on and I too can only hope he replaced Ince for a problem with Ince and not tactical. Up to that point Ince was controlling the midfield.

Furthermore he did take one for team but not due to Bennett being out of position it was Bruno who caused the ball to be lost.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The comment about Bruno was a general observation not based on 1 game, he is far superior to Calderon. As regards CMS you should listen to the radio Sussex interview after the game with JFC and then you would realise how much he contributes to the team and how much they appreciate his running off the ball to give them an outlet.

He's not look at the stats old man.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

It's not rocket science to recognise that CMS puts in a shift, but even when he was getting in the channels and receiving the ball, it just does not 'stick', resulting in him either going down or losing possession. The Achilles is a difficult injury to get back to full pace from and I'm afraid he has lost a step. Although, he won the free-kick, he was not striding away from Bikey, it was just a mistimed attempt to win the ball (didn't even get a booking).

I would prefer to see Baldock or O'Grady given a go, with Colunga out wide.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here