Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlie Nicholas 'THEY all LOOK the SAME to me'

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Bit of a FAUX pas by Nicholas during Soccer Saturday when reporting on Man City's goal when asked who scored said he wasn't sure as they all looked the same to him. My ears were in SHOCK when he said that and sure enough at the end of the show Jeff Stelling had to make an apology and Nicholas made a WEASEL excuse.

Maybe a VACANCY on the show next week ?

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Bit of a FAUX pas by Nicholas during Soccer Saturday when reporting on Man City's goal when asked who scored said he wasn't sure as they all looked the same to him. My ears were in SHOCK when he said that and sure enough at the end of the show Jeff Stelling had to make an apology and Nicholas made a WEASEL excuse.

oooh dear!

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

A vacancy for you Ernest?
The missing FA cup dosh?
The missing Albion Winter Coat?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Hmm. Although what he actually said, badly phrased, is that he often can't tell Fernando and Fernandinho apart - which as they are physically similar and play in virtually the same place on the pitch is understandable.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Isn't Nicholas Scotch ? Can't understand him, it's all "hoots" "aye" and talk about kilts

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Hmm. Although what he actually said, badly phrased, is that he often can't tell Fernando and Fernandinho apart - which as they are physically similar and play in virtually the same place on the pitch is understandable.
then say 'they look similar' and not 'they all look the same'. As I say, not offended but 'OH DEAR!'

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Oh for goodness sake do we really need any more of this ...perhaps there was nothing sinister in what he said, although I didnt see or hear it admittedly .I always try and think the best of people until proved differently.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008

If this is correct then nothing in it ....end of

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The exact words, it turns out, were "Was it Fernando or Fernandinho? They both look the same to me". Which, bearing in mind they look so similar they could be brothers and he's watching it on a tiny TV screen, doesn't seem unreasonable. Bad choice of words but that's it.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
then say 'they look similar' and not 'they all look the same'. As I say, not offended but 'OH DEAR!'
well if he did not say it the OP is wrong and I take this opportunity to apologies for quoting what I was told if it was wrong.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I sat next to champagne Charlie a few weeks ago on a flight from Glasgow to Heathrow and he was much browner than most Glaswegians in December.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
The exact words, it turns out, were "Was it Fernando or Fernandinho? They both look the same to me". Which, bearing in mind they look so similar they could be brothers and he's watching it on a tiny TV screen, doesn't seem unreasonable. Bad choice of words but that's it.

Sorry he said they both look the same to me, that bit about Fernandinho was afterwards

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
This is going to turn into a shaggy dog story (did someone mention The daily mail ) ...before long he will have offended every Man City player and supporter and there will be anarchy in the streets of Manchester and sky will have no choice but to banish him to storage wars .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here