Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Match Ball

angloraider

Jan 10, 2015
Hi Brighton fans, QPR fan here coming very much in peace.

If any of you on this site are interested in Brighton memorabilia then I may have something that could be of interest to you.

My brother is a former Football League referee, he now runs the football league referee's. My brother refereed your play - off final in 2004 at the Millennium against Bristol C, you guys coming out on top 1-0. After the game my brother gave the match ball to my Father, who then collected half dozen signatures on the ball. I'm not sure who has signed the ball other than the Bristol manager Jim Ashworth . I would imagine 2 or 3 are Brighton players.

Sadly my Father has died now, and I'm in possession of the ball, which I'm sure would be of more interest to one of you good folk. I am looking to move the ball on and wonder if it is of any interest to anyone on this site or indeed any collector of Brighton memorabilia you may know?

I would imagine the ball is of little value, except to the right person, but if anyone would be willing to purchase the ball from me, I would donate the full amount to the hospice that looked after my Father so well in his last few days of life. Or, if any poster has a better idea, a raffle prize maybe, I'd be more than happy to consider any suggestions posters make.

Please let me know, thank you for accommodating me.

20150110_172509.2.jpg

Attachments

• 20150110_172509.jpg
    20150110_172509.jpg
    307 KB · Views: 1,365

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Hi Brighton fans, QPR fan here coming very much in peace.

If any of you on this site are interested in Brighton memorabilia then I may have something that could be of interest to you.

My brother is a former Football League referee, he now runs the football league referee's. My brother refereed your play - off final in 2004 at the Millennium against Bristol C, you guys coming out on top 1-0. After the game my brother gave the match ball to my Father, who then collected half dozen signatures on the ball. I'm not sure who has signed the ball other than the Bristol manager Jim Ashworth . I would imagine 2 or 3 are Brighton players.

Sadly my Father has died now, and I'm in possession of the ball, which I'm sure would be of more interest to one of you good folk. I am looking to move the ball on and wonder if it is of any interest to anyone on this site or indeed any collector of Brighton memorabilia you may know?

I would imagine the ball is of little value, except to the right person, but if anyone would be willing to purchase the ball from me, I would donate the full amount to the hospice that looked after my Father so well in his last few days of life. Or, if any poster has a better idea, a raffle prize maybe, I'd be more than happy to consider any suggestions posters make.

Please let me know, thank you for accommodating me.

Bristol City were managed by Danny Wilson at the 2004 play off final.

angloraider

Jan 10, 2015
You're absolutely right, my apologies. However I can assure you this is no scam. I would never disrespect my Father's memory.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
That's a kind gesture, thank you for taking the time and effort to post. I hope someone contacts you to provide a beneficial outcome.

angloraider

Jan 10, 2015
Is there a way you can take a picture and upload it on here?

Not being very techie, I'm not sure. However I have just emailed a photo of the ball to your site administrator, asking if they would add it to the thread. My apologies again, a pic would have been helpful from the off. Hopefully it will appear soon.

angloraider

Jan 10, 2015
Some future info. Having just spoken to my brother, he seems to remember the ball is signed by the match officials only. My apologies if the OP misled anyone. It may lessen your interest in the ball, but if not let me know. Thank you for your patience with me.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Some future info. Having just spoken to my brother, he seems to remember the ball is signed by the match officials only. My apologies if the OP misled anyone. It may lessen your interest in the ball, but if not let me know. Thank you for your patience with me.

The referee that day was Mr R Beeby. I assume his signature is the one we can't see round to the bottom left.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here