[Albion] 3 away wins & 3 clean sheets on the bounce

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
What a great run considering our league position

A few good signings and we can make a bad season look a damn sight better

Time to make the Amex a fortress now

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Hughton can seemingly organize a defence and the midfielders who can cover for them when we are under pressure. Something which Hyypia could never work out.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
The clean sheets are potentially very important.

At the margins, just below the playoffs, just above relegation, which is realistically all we can hope for, and all we should fear -- this team was never going to finish 24th or 23rd -- GD can be absolutely critical.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We are nowhere near play off contenders this season. The team is simply not strong enough. 3 players minimum required this transfer window needed to make a push up the league.

Well you say that, and this time a week or two ago l would have agreed with you, but maybe it was just a change in manager that was needed. Certainly l think the team that we have is capable of getting us out of trouble and pushing on up the table.

But as you rightly say, in terms of a promotion push, we must be at least two or three quality players short.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
The clean sheets are potentially very important.

At the margins, just below the playoffs, just above relegation, which is realistically all we can hope for, and all we should fear -- this team was never going to finish 24th or 23rd -- GD can be absolutely critical.

Spot on. The GD can become points at the end of the season

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Spot on. The GD can become points at the end of the season
Being constitutionally a pessimist, I usually pick "7th, on GD" in all pre-season "Where will BHA finish?" polls.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I wonder if Sammi is sitting at home asking himself 'why didn't I play Ince and Holla?'

I think he no doubt should have but I don't think it was the personnel in the team that was the real problem, just the management of them. I suspect if he had played Ince and Holla they wouldn't have been as clear about their role and what they were to do if Hyppia was still here.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
+++++ REALITY CHECK +++++

Good days out 'up in the smoke' but a long, long way to go and did not exactly set the world alight. Hopefully our fortune has changed since at Wolves through Brentford we might have conceded quite a few prior to scoring in the past. Long may this last, but personally I would still take survival with a foundation being established for a proper run next season.

disappointed-football-fan-looking-down-white-background-39859947.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What a great run considering our league position

A few good signings and we can make a bad season look a damn sight better

Time to make the Amex a fortress now

Would be good to see the team raise their game in the library-like atmosphere of the Amex. Hasn't happened recently.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Our home form has been a real problem. It'll be interesting to see whether anything has changed on Saturday. Brentford are a bloody good team and will be keen to get revenge for our smash and grab raid up there in the cup. Not the easiest first home game for Chris Hewton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here