advertising

0 Not allowed!
      "most victims are children, women and elderly people"

I just can't get my head around that.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Awful reading.

0 Not allowed!
      Has it been reported elsewhere? I noticed this wasn't mentioned on BBC news - can't even find it on the BBC website. Wall to wall coverage about the 17 people who have tragically died in the awful events in Paris, but complete silence on the 2,000 - mainly women, children and the old - who have died in Nigeria. Their lives are worth considerably less I suppose...?
      Last edited by kevo; 10-01-2015 at 11:04.
      *JCL since 1976 - FA Cup final, replay and semi, two play-off finals, Hereford, three Championships, eight promotions, five relegations, four home stadiums*

0 Not allowed!
      Boko Haram

Founded in 2002
      Initially focused on opposing Western education - Boko Haram means "Western education is forbidden" in the Hausa language
      Launched military operations in 2009 to create Islamic state
      Thousands killed, mostly in north-eastern Nigeria - also attacked police and UN headquarters in capital, Abuja
      Some three million people affected
      Declared terrorist group by US in 2013
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by kevo View Post
      I noticed this has received virtually no publicity anywhere else. Not mentioned on BBC news - can't even find it on the BBC website. Wall to wall coverage about the 17 people who have tragically died in the awful events in Paris, but complete silence on the 2,000 - mainly women, children and the old - who have died in Nigeria. Their lives are worth considerably less I suppose...?
      BBC reported it 2 days ago.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Greyrun View Post
      BBC reported it 2 days ago.
      Thanks. I stand corrected.
      *JCL since 1976 - FA Cup final, replay and semi, two play-off finals, Hereford, three Championships, eight promotions, five relegations, four home stadiums*

0 Not allowed!
      Awful. I originally read it as a massacre carried out in the year 2000 by Boko Haram - as that number of killings is almost incomprehensible.
      Well the thirty minutes are almost up Swindon fans but your not there yet. in it goes (yyyyyyeeeessssssss) ooohhh its gone in, Brighton in added on time have snatched a goal through Virgo!!! Incredible!! Once again there is late, late, late drama in the playoffs!!

Unused substitute REMF 5.

Proud owner of Hendersons Gloves from 18/10/2005. Crystal Palace 0-1 Brighton And Hove Albion

0 Not allowed!
      The Nigerian government could take them out if they wished. The thing is there is no incentive to do so. Blame firmly at their door for not stepping up and taking out these people.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I am waiting to see the posts from Mustafa, DIP, Czechmate et al, trying to excuse this action as the fault of the evil West, those evil democratic nations who callously disregard sharia law and even allow girls to go to school....... stand by.

.... edit: I forgot Herr Tubthumper too.