Boko Haram masacre 2000

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
"most victims are children, women and elderly people"

I just can't get my head around that.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Has it been reported elsewhere? I noticed this wasn't mentioned on BBC news - can't even find it on the BBC website. Wall to wall coverage about the 17 people who have tragically died in the awful events in Paris, but complete silence on the 2,000 - mainly women, children and the old - who have died in Nigeria. Their lives are worth considerably less I suppose...?

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Boko Haram

Founded in 2002
Initially focused on opposing Western education - Boko Haram means "Western education is forbidden" in the Hausa language
Launched military operations in 2009 to create Islamic state
Thousands killed, mostly in north-eastern Nigeria - also attacked police and UN headquarters in capital, Abuja
Some three million people affected
Declared terrorist group by US in 2013

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
I noticed this has received virtually no publicity anywhere else. Not mentioned on BBC news - can't even find it on the BBC website. Wall to wall coverage about the 17 people who have tragically died in the awful events in Paris, but complete silence on the 2,000 - mainly women, children and the old - who have died in Nigeria. Their lives are worth considerably less I suppose...?

BBC reported it 2 days ago.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Awful. I originally read it as a massacre carried out in the year 2000 by Boko Haram - as that number of killings is almost incomprehensible.

Dec 29, 2011
The Nigerian government could take them out if they wished. The thing is there is no incentive to do so. Blame firmly at their door for not stepping up and taking out these people.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I am waiting to see the posts from Mustafa, DIP, Czechmate et al, trying to excuse this action as the fault of the evil West, those evil democratic nations who callously disregard sharia law and even allow girls to go to school....... stand by.

.... edit: I forgot Herr Tubthumper too.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
The Nigerian government could take them out if they wished. The thing is there is no incentive to do so. Blame firmly at their door for not stepping up and taking out these people.
I think I need to add this apologist to my list too,....... you know what mate,.... I blame the effin' animals that wield the machete, that pull the trigger, that rape the 5 year old girls and 80 year old women...... thats who I blame.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here