Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not going to Charlton? Burgess Hill v Dartford

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
FA Trophy 2nd round, at Leylands, ko 3pm. £10 adults, kids free.

Come and see one of the biggest games in Hill's history as this is the furthest they've progressed in the trophy. Wet & windy up here at the moment and, although no pitch inspection currently shown on the Ryman League website, worth keeping an eye on it if you're planning to attend.

Hoping for a crowd of around 1,000, Dartford bringing around 300.

Hill have, to date, played 40 games, won 33, drawn 6, lost 1 - to Dartford in the FA Cup 4th qualifying round, so a chance for revenge today. We've won the last 12 league & cup games, Ian Chapman has just been awarded manager of the month for the 3rd time this season and the team have won performance of the month for December for beating Aldershot in the first round of the Trophy (sorry atfc for the reminder!) and Aldershot are considerably better than Dartford who are rooted in the Conference relegation zone, so every chance of another upset today.

This is an exceptional team with an exceptional manager having an exceptional season. Come along and experience the Leylands phenomenon!

Fat Langers

Dec 27, 2007
Does the ground have undercover seating? I've got both my boys (4 years and the other 6 months) this afternoon while the wife is out, but a bit unfair to take them in elements if it's bad weather.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Really looking forward to this. When we lived in BH often used to pop along when the Albion were away from home. Have my tickets, just need the weather to calm down a bit.

Jan 30, 2008

Come and see one of the biggest games in Hill's history as this is the furthest they've progressed in the trophy. Wet & windy up here at the moment and, although no pitch inspection currently shown on the Ryman League website, worth keeping an eye on it if you're planning to attend.

Hill have, to date, played 40 games, won 33, drawn 6, lost 1 - to Dartford in the FA Cup 4th qualifying round, so a chance for revenge today. We've won the last 12 league & cup games, Ian Chapman has just been awarded manager of the month for the 3rd time this season and the team have won performance of the month for December for beating Aldershot in the first round of the Trophy (sorry atfc for the reminder!) and Aldershot are considerably better than Dartford who are rooted in the Conference relegation zone, so every chance of another upset today.

This is an exceptional team with an exceptional manager having an exceptional season. Come along and experience the Leylands phenomenon!
can I get there by train
regards
DR

Lego-Stand

Nov 6, 2003

Crispy, I thought you were Whitehawk through and through ??? Enjoy the match

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Less than 5 minute walk from Wivelsfield station.

....be a bit early and you'll find a few regular watchers in the Watermill pub next to the station......

Wish I was going to this but working away unfortunately. Football has been exceptional in the few games I gave seen this season.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Final score Burgess Hill 1 Dartford 2.

So the Trophy run is over and Dartford are still the only team to have beaten Hill this season. In front of a whopping crowd of 1,010, Hill gave it a really good go in a game of 2 halves. Having made the early running, Hill were unfortunate to fall behind in the first half when Sam Fisk was a fraction too late with a challenge in Dartford's first foray into the box and Crawford slotted the resultant penalty. From then on, it was virtually all Hill and Pat Harding equalised when the Dartford keeper couldn't hold on to Dan Pearse's long range left foot effort. Try as they might, Hill couldn't get the second goal their first half efforts deserved and were unlucky to go in all square at the break.

The second half was a reversal of the first as Dartford dominated possession and created the better chances. Heroic last ditch defensive blocks kept them out and a replay in Kent beckoned until the 89th minute when sub Harris finished from close range. Still Hill kept going and forced a corner in the final seconds of time added on but it came to nothing.

It was cruel to lose it so late and the team looked shattered at the end. The physical and mental effort from playing the entire second half on Wednesday with 10 men appeared to take it's toll as the game wore on.

Hill can take great heart (as well as loads of cash!) from their performance which belied the 3 levels difference between the 2 teams. Great to see so many people there and hope the neutrals enjoyed it enough to return again.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Great entertainment this afternoon. Could have gone either way but as the game wore on I thought Dartford increasingly looked a class above. Nice to be charged just a quid for a proper cup of tea as well!

Wickham Wanderer

Sep 17, 2012
I popped along as well today, and I really had a great time. I thought Burgess Hill were a bit unlucky not to get the replay. I will certainly be returning, obviously when the Albion are away!

i popped along as well today, and i really had a great time. I thought burgess hill were a bit unlucky not to get the replay. I will certainly be returning, obviously when the albion are away!

Seen burgess hill around 13 times this season and they have played some pretty good football,promotion if gained will be a big test for the team and fans as we know teams have their ceilings but its been a great journey so far!:moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here