Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
stockdale-090115-l229-2192202_478x359.jpg

David Stockdale
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 10th January 2015
by James Hilsum
I did an interview recently where I said we needed to step up as players, we needed to perform better and show that we are in a false position."
David Stockdale

Brighton & Hove Albion goalkeeper David Stockdale has praised the squad for their resurgence in recent weeks following back-to-back victories over Fulham and Brentford.The Albion shot-stopper has also kept two clean sheets in the last two games and feels that a winning mentality is starting to develop amongst the squad.
He said, “I did an interview recently where I said we needed to step up as players, we needed to perform better and show that we are in a false position. I felt that we have done that over the past few weeks.
“It’s nice to keep two clean sheets, but you’ve got to look at how hard the boys in front of me have worked.
“It starts from the front. Chris O’Grady said in an interview that Macca had run his socks off for us; he’s a little bit down because he hasn’t had a goalscoring touch at the moment, but we keep rallying around him and telling him he made things possible for us at Brentford by running long and making the opportunities for Chris to score at the end. It’s that kind of unselfish work that we need right now.
“Obviously the clean sheets give you confidence, as even if you don’t play well we’re going to make the opposition work hard to score a goal and we’re confident enough to score ourselves anyway.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The 29-year-old also spoke positively about Chris Hughton’s managerial approach since taking the job and for not making any radical changes to the side too quickly.“He’s tried to keep the roll going and not changed too much. He wants subtle changes at the moment, but he’s brought his own style onto the training ground, which was implemented to the letter at Brentford.
“He realises that we have a good bunch of lads here and is only trying to change a few bits at a time to ease his way in.
“Maybe in January when we get a few additions he can put his spin on how he wants things and we will move up the table.”
[h=3]ALBION V brentford
[/h]saturday 17th january, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v ipswich
[/h]WEDNESDAY 21ST JANUARY, kick-off 7:45pm

[h=3]Albion v arsenal
[/h]SunDAY 25TH januARY, kick-off 4pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here