Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Garcia in line to be the new Barcelona boss

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
According to an article on the Daily Mail site, OG has already turned down the chance to be their new sporting director, but could be approached to take over as head coach.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Naive? What makes you think he's not a good enough manager?

Whether he's good enough is moot; what I was referring to is his total lack of experience in the top league of any country (well, apart from Israel, which, let's be honest, isn't exactly dripping with world class teams). He has zero experience that would qualify him for the Barca job - it would be 10x the gamble that TB took when he employed Gus.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Whether he's good enough is moot; what I was referring to is his total lack of experience in the top league of any country (well, apart from Israel, which, let's be honest, isn't exactly dripping with world class teams). He has zero experience that would qualify him for the Barca job - it would be 10x the gamble that TB took when he employed Gus.

Pep Guardiola had no experience

Dec 15, 2014
Here

Sure, why would you want a bloke who was good at managing your side but had no previous experience in your league. Lord knows he couldn't be good even though it was stated this bloke was good. Huh?

It seems to me he would get the experience if he was already good at managing.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

The Championship is a better league than the top league in a lot of countries.
I think they just want someone in to keep Messi happy, besides I think even Hyypia could achieve a midtable finish with Messi, Neymar and Suarez at his disposal.

Merdalfthewizard

once more unto the breach
Dec 25, 2014
265 miles from home games
I would assume OG and Messi already know each other from his earlier stint at Barca.
Another plus point would be the fact he already has a working knowledge Barca's coaching systems and from what I gather, it's only an interim position, so could be a clever move for both parties.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
Apr 5, 2014
'He came from Brighton to bring us joy.....'

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I would assume OG and Messi already know each other from his earlier stint at Barca.
Another plus point would be the fact he already has a working knowledge Barca's coaching systems

So has Luis Enrique.
I can't see barca sacking Enrique at the moment, but he needs to change something soonish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here