Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brentford have sold over 2300 tickets for next week's game

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Could be the best game of the season so far, there is so much to gain for both sides.
Hewtons first home game.
We need the points
If we win tomorrow we need to keep the winning streak going.
Brentford will want revenge for knocking them out if the cup.
They need to stay in touch at the top after a poorish run lately.
But they do not have a great away record.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Could be the best game of the season so far, there is so much to gain for both sides.
Hewtons first home game.
We need the points
If we win tomorrow we need to keep the winning streak going.
Brentford will want revenge for knocking them out if the cup.
They need to stay in touch at the top after a poorish run lately.
But they do not have a great away record.

the feeling reminds me a lot of the new year 3-0 against high flying southampton in 2012 and the 3-0 against high flying palace.

brighton 3 - 0 brentford

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I'm not that suprised as it will be their first visit te the best stadium in the world on top of the fact that they are doing well without forgetting that this division is full of teams from the north

Leeds
Huddersfield
Midlesborough
Rotherham
Blackpool
Sheff Wednesday
Blackburn
Bolton
Wigan

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
the feeling reminds me a lot of the new year 3-0 against high flying southampton in 2012 and the 3-0 against high flying palace.

brighton 3 - 0 brentford

We can only hope! Given our league position such a win would feel almost equally sweet to the Saints and Scum matches.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Someone needs to be all over their 18 Judge, ran the show for the first hour last week. Seems to have so much time. I'm sure Hewton knows that though.

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
I believe the police box crew have a song that should do the trick there.

There's a small inconsistency in that song which may prove a fatal flaw though, I fear.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Wow, a third of their home attendance in the cup. Well done them. Given that they failed to attract more than 6500 home fans when flying high and playing great football you do wonder what the point is in building a new higher capacity ground. Their ground at present is great, small but really very good and just where it should be. I think it's a big mistake for such a small London club with so many other bigger clubs surrounding them to move from such a facility.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I presume they'll have S1A through to half of S1F which will be the sterile area. Good on them I say :thumbsup:

theboybilly

Wow, a third of their home attendance in the cup. Well done them. Given that they failed to attract more than 6500 home fans when flying high and playing great football you do wonder what the point is in building a new higher capacity ground. Their ground at present is great, small but really very good and just where it should be. I think it's a big mistake for such a small London club with so many other bigger clubs surrounding them to move from such a facility.

You'd be surprised I think. Most new-builds tend to attract more punters. I was talking to a Brentford official after the league defeat last year and he told me they hoped to attract some more local support as they are at present seen as poor relations to Fulham and (obviously) Chelsea. He also mentioned that the team involved with the new stadium are liaising with BHAFC to see what they can glean from the building of the Amex.
I agree the loss of the old place is to be lamented but Brentford need to attract bigger crowds if they want to progress. I'll miss Griffin Park as it is a wonderful away day with the pubs on each corner (of which at least two will surely be on borrowed time)

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1

Cup attendances? Check what ours was at with dean.

They will definitely get 15-16k in their new ground if in top 12 of the champ. Selling out their home games currently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here