Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Friday Night Drinking Thread

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Can't see one. Is Bozza either doing Dry January, or too busy answering questions about the Arsenal ticket balls up?

I'm not doing dry January, but I am cutting back on casual drinking at home. For a while at least anyway.

As such, I am having a dry Friday which follows four other dry days - and I'm struggling to remember when I last had five dry days in a row.

I'll admit to being jealous of those sinking a cold one right now.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Crisp Chardonnay on the go

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
On that's basis should this not be titled the Friday night NOT drinking thread.

For the record I am drinking tonight & will be drinking tomorrow watching the Albion try to make it 3 in a row at charlton.

Training it from Brighton or should I say bussing it from Brighton.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I'm not doing dry January, but I am cutting back on casual drinking at home. For a while at least anyway.

As such, I am having a dry Friday which follows four other dry days - and I'm struggling to remember when I last had five dry days in a row.

I'm doing Dry January, (with the exception of football, can't watch Brighton without having a drink) so it's a dry night from me tonight too.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Picked up a couple of takeaway pints of New Bristol Brewery " India " then just shared a bottle of Westie 12 with Mrs V.

Fat Langers

Dec 27, 2007
At home, with a vodka and coke on the go (number 5 actually), while feeding the baby and about to watch entourage! Living the dream!!!

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
At home, with a vodka and coke on the go (number 5 actually), while feeding the baby and about to watch entourage! Living the dream!!!
I see your dream and raise you an already fed baby, asleep upstairs, whilst I relax with a drink...win?

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Started with a Grimbergen Summer, moved onto a La Trappe, having a small Ardbeg and then may have a Chimay Bleu to finish..

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A couple of post work Jevers with some chaps from the office. Nothing else.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

I had four dry days before today and now on my third ice cold Peroni. Very nice.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Only 9 days without a drink, and I'm surprised how noticeable the changes have been. I've lost 5lbs, as well as being far more energetic both at home, and at work. Even after January I will cut out of lot of casual drinking that I was doing a lot of last year. i.e 6/8 cans on a Thursday, etc.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Friday night would normally be a bottle of red in front of the TV but tonight, just to celebrate a pretty stressful and demanding week, I'm watching TV with a bottle of red.

Plus ca change.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Crafty Blonde at the moment, preceded by a couple of Old Timers. Five Bells, Smock Alley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here