Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scary and depressing stuff from the head of MI5

Jules

Jan 17, 2013
Yes it is scary. The threat of Islamist terrorism is not something that is going to go away anytime soon. If anything the threat is growing.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Scary and depressing stuff from the head of MI5

Yes it is scary. The threat of Islamist terrorism is not something that is going to go away anytime soon. If anything the threat is growing.

Doubly scary if you clicked on the link expecting it to be a story about fitted kitchens.

D

Deleted member 22389

It's obvious the larger Islam gets in the UK the more people with this mindset it will attract. The eu and the UK is feeling like a dangerous place.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
born in the 70's there has been a threat of terrorism my entire life except maybe a few years in the lat 90's. im still more likly to be hit by a car tomorrow.

godd night, and dont have have bad dreams.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Where's Bond ?

swervy_123

Dec 2, 2009
brighton
Think we should worry more about the those that are amongst us ,known by security services but allowed to go about their daily lives because of the belief of abusing their human rights ,France have just found this out to their cost ,how the hell were they allowed to swan about among the population with their past.Liberal weak soft western governments putting the lives of their citizens at risk shamefull

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Don't fear terrorism, it's what the terrorists want. Additionally, the governments exploit this fear and take away our freedoms.

Are you for real? "the governments exploit this fear and take away our freedoms", do you not think the terrorism that is happening is causing the fear, i don't think the governments need to ramp it up at the moment do you?

If the people here had the "freedom" to say what they want instead of being branded, locked up, then perhaps the problem largely caused by governments around Europe not listening to peoples "fears", would not be escalating.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Every time you have to fanny about at the airport taking off your shoes, drinking your bottle of water, taking off your belt plus all the other pre-flight rituals you realize the terrorists have already won.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Think we should worry more about the those that are amongst us ,known by security services but allowed to go about their daily lives because of the belief of abusing their human rights ,France have just found this out to their cost ,how the hell were they allowed to swan about among the population with their past.Liberal weak soft western governments putting the lives of their citizens at risk shamefull

This exactly. Meanwhile the known ones in this country are free to peddle their extremist views whilst getting the "benefits" of being protected.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I believe that governments exaggerate the (although very real) threat of terrorism so that they can enforce population controlling laws, yes.

Like I said, you're ten times more likely to get struck by lightning than die in a terrorist attack... why aren't the government doing more to tackle lightning strikes?

Your posts always make me chuckle. I can't believe you actually believe the crap you write.

If you do you have one very f**ked up head.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I believe that governments greatly exaggerate the (although very real) threat of terrorism so that they can enforce population controlling laws, yes.

Like I said, you're ten times more likely to get struck by lightning than die in a terrorist attack... why aren't the government doing more to tackle lightning strikes?

What a weak statement. Perhaps before these killings, or perhaps a few months on your thoughts on our governments putting fear into people. might have carried a bit of weight, but now.....it does not.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
MI5 know the Police and security services are at full stretch in trying to deal with the range of threats against the UK. Their success also depends to some extent on raising public awareness to be vigilant, hence a few scare stories will not do any harm if these focus peoples minds.

This is especially the case given the trend for 'lone wolf' and / or amateur terrorists who might not be on the authorities radar, but might just do something to create suspicions among the public. If that stops a terror attack then it's been worth a few scare stories.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Benjamin Franklin — 'It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority.'

Just be very careful voluntarily giving our freedoms away. No society, no matter how controlled will ever be 100% safe, it's about maintaining a balance between freedom and safety - something that we are pretty good at in this country.

Don't be scared, it's exactly what both our leaders and the terrorists both want.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Don't think any known terrorist would be allowed to live amongst the population claim benefits and shout their hate speeches in Russia's capital do you.
Doesn't seem to matter whether they do or not -- the bombings continue regardless.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here