Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton Charlton Interview - O'Grady

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Not sure if fixtures but his response to the future was very telling.

"He's very much in my plans for now"

Not sure he meant to give as much away as that but reading between the lines I think he'll be gone in January if not the summer.

Shame, not the most gifted of footballers but he's a trier and you can't knock him for that

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
You would??.....how about take ''he's very much in my plans''

"....for now" is a fair old qualifier though. Love to be wrong. That interview post-Brentford really dinged my bell regarding COG. With all the shit about overpaid and arrogant footballers who think the world owes them a (vastly over-inflated) living it was a breath of fresh air.
I'm sure there are plenty who can do the job he is needed for as well or better. We just don't happen to have any of them playing for us while COG is still ours.
My money would be on him being gone by the end of the month if we can get someone else in. Whichever way it goes,for his and his family's sake, I hope he comes out of it smiling.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Well I hope he stays, because given at least some regular footie he could be a useful playmaker. Depending of course on the opposition set up, and their tactics. However if we bring in better, sure let him go. He isn't in my opinion as useful as Ashley but thats too late a consideration now.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I do not know why some fans were quick to run O'Grady down. I know he did not make the impact of Ulloa getting the ball in the back of the Arsenal net in a few minutes, but he looked better than Vokes and the other large target men. I did not see enough of him to be sure, nothing near post or running into space, but absence does not mean he can't do it. Weak foot is not completely useless as in Vokes.

Ferring Marine

Mar 28, 2014
Chris O'Grady is our best striker, much maligned but not given the right chance. He makes CM-S what he is, or isn't.
He's proved this in his last two brief appearances, and he wasn't signed for fun.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Having watched the interview, I didn't get the impression he was on his way out. Of course he could be, Sheffield would like him, but no indication from CH.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
"....for now" is a fair old qualifier though. Love to be wrong. That interview post-Brentford really dinged my bell regarding COG. With all the shit about overpaid and arrogant footballers who think the world owes them a (vastly over-inflated) living it was a breath of fresh air.
I'm sure there are plenty who can do the job he is needed for as well or better. We just don't happen to have any of them playing for us while COG is still ours.
My money would be on him being gone by the end of the month if we can get someone else in. Whichever way it goes,for his and his family's sake, I hope he comes out of it smiling.

seems like a nice guy .....how do you think he would get on in a partnership up front with GM if we were to off load CMS...? too similar.?

Stumpy Tim

He's the best target man we have right now, but then he's the only one - so if we play one up-front he should be that man. BUT, if we have any plans to challenge for promotion he isn't the man to lead the line. I like him, but I really hope we're looking for better.

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
If I was a cynic I might think this could be to push the price up a bit for Sheffield. What's more likely to generate money for a player you're looking to offload, manager comes out and says "really not interested, not in my plans" or "love this player, don't want him to go, he's in my plans"?

Club then says to interested parties, the manager likes him, he's not bargain bucket anymore you're gonna have to push the price up a bit if you're that keen.

Hope he stays anyways.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
seems like a nice guy .....how do you think he would get on in a partnership up front with GM if we were to off load CMS...? too similar.?

I think if we had Glenn back then COG wouldn't get a look in. Both are good hold up players but GM is better with his head and the chance of any side playing two out and out target men seems slim these days. Sadly the three club rule means we won't see Glenn again so let's hope COG now has his tail up! Interesting to see if we start with him and one playing off today.

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He's the best target man we have right now, but then he's the only one - so if we play one up-front he should be that man. BUT, if we have any plans to challenge for promotion he isn't the man to lead the line. I like him, but I really hope we're looking for better.

Yep l agree, in terms of target men, he is our only hope, he may be enough to stave off relegation, as long as enough goals come in from other areas too, but if we are aiming for promotion we need someone better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here