Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

im at the amex

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
And they only got 1 window open at the ticket office. I m in a q ue of about 300 people and its fast growing well done brighton wel thought of.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Proper football. Queuing for cup tickets. :amex:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
At most 100 people.

Cant understand why so many STHs have gone there to get tickets TODAY when they have until TUESDAY. By the club having 1 window opens shows they thought the same. Madness how and why people have gone today, though I suspect a number will be non-STHs who probably cant read when it said STH only until next week.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
from Transport Manager - Twitter

Attachments

• amexarsenal.png
    amexarsenal.png
    884 KB · Views: 2,841

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
At most 100 people.

Cant understand why so many STHs have gone there to get tickets TODAY when they have until TUESDAY. By the club having 1 window opens shows they thought the same. Madness how and why people have gone today, though I suspect a number will be non-STHs who probably cant read when it said STH only until next week.

Monday according to club Twitter

[tweet]553545410820988929[/tweet]

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
At most 100 people.

Your preaching is starting to grate with me.

Friday is a 'slower' day for a lot of people. If heading up there today to get yourself a ticket in person was the best option available to someone, then why shouldn't people do it? A large number of quite computer-savvy people have had nightmares with the ticketing system this morning - many people are less literate on a computer and/or maybe they just want to pay cash for their ticket(s).

As these people made their way to the Amex, they would have had no way to know how many others would do the same. it's not like 300 people all phoned each other up and all decided to turn up together.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Personally I think it's great that there is such heavy demand early on. I can certainly remember queuing for hours for cup tickets back in the 80's and 90's. The fact that those queuing to get tickets today have until tuesday to get them reflects very well on their enthusiasm and shows there is still some magic left in the cup.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
At most 100 people.

I suspect a few of them have had problems with the online website and not trusting it.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
And they only got 1 window open at the ticket office. I m in a q ue of about 300 people and its fast growing well done brighton wel thought of.

If only the club could have had thought of another way in which fans would be able to purchase their seat for this match, like being able to use the internet rather than having to turn up in person and queue? :facepalm:

(quite why those joining the back of the long queue wouldn't decide it would be quicker and easier to go home and buy online or over the phone instead, or to come back when the initial rush is over as they have until Monday anyway to buy)

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
from Transport Manager - Twitter

Seeing that Pic and before the windows open and people clearly positioned at each window and as the OP said just one window opened , did it not kick off for those unlucky enough to be at a non opening window ?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Your preaching is starting to grate with me.

Friday is a 'slower' day for a lot of people. If heading up there today to get yourself a ticket in person was the best option available to someone, then why shouldn't people do it? A large number of quite computer-savvy people have had nightmares with the ticketing system this morning - many people are less literate on a computer and/or maybe they just want to pay cash for their ticket(s).

As these people made their way to the Amex, they would have had no way to know how many others would do the same. it's not like 300 people all phoned each other up and all decided to turn up together.

Good, means my point of view is getting across.

I am not saying NO ONE should have gone, understandably some will for the reasons stated - fair enough. Again, you have until 9AM Monday and the ticket office is open tomorrow too. Its just the point of needing to be there bang on the 2PM dot, it isnt a first some first served Next style sale, obviously if it was general sale - it would be expected but for seats secure until Monday/Tuesday - for me it seems bizarre, for others I understand it isnt.

Phone lines are open as well, though I would imagine they are fairly jammed up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here