Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another cracker from the argus

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/11712633.Father_blames_fit_on_KFC/

The comments section is hilarious.

A NEW father suffered a fit on his bathroom floor after eating chicken from a fast-food chain.

Jack Saunders, 20, had picked up a bargain bucket and chicken strips from KFC in Western Road, Brighton, on Tuesday to take to his girlfriend, who was looking after their five-month-old baby.

A couple of hours after eating his lunch he was violently ill and, by 3am, the symptoms were so bad he could not control his body.

His girlfriend, Georgia Geddes, 18, who was with their son Lennox at the couple’s Brighton home, said she noticed how pink the chicken was and called the branch.

She did not eat any but her boy-friend had eaten six pieces.

Mr Saunders said: “At 3am I was in such a bad place.

“It just wouldn’t stop. I wasn’t in control of my body and I was just lying there fitting on the bathroom floor – it was pretty scary.

“I’m quite a big lad and I’ve not had anything like this before.

“The really scary thing is we usually blend some of our food like vegetables and things to feed the baby – so imagine if we’d done that with the chicken.

“I had diarrhoea and I was being sick at the same time. I didn’t know what to do.”

Mr Saunders visited a doctor and is awaiting results. He said he suspected food poisoning.

A KFC spokeswoman said: “At KFC we take these allegations very seriously as food safety is of paramount importance to us and we have rigorous cooking processes and procedures in place to make such cases highly unlikely.

“We’re waiting to receive the product so that we can examine the allegation fully and until we have completed our investigation we’re unable to comment further.”

The couple contacted Environmental Health and the chicken is being picked up today for investigation.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I've been reading this too - perhaps NSC should have a new section called "Argus Gold" where you could put stuff like this !

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
“I had diarrhoea and I was being sick at the same time. I didn’t know what to do.”

I have no words.

Surely we've all been there? That's why it's critical to have a shower/bath right next to the loo nearest your bedroom, so you can sit on the loo and lean over the bath/shower.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
However another customer at the same KFC, a Mr K Agustein said he had had no problems with his bucket of 6 fried chicken pieces and large fries, and was probably going to go there again later the same day.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
3470931.jpg

Looks like the bucket suffered some splashback during the incident. Nice.

Oh, and N Y.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
“We’re waiting to receive the product so that we can examine the allegation fully and until we have completed our investigation we’re unable to comment further.”

I thought he'd eaten it? Exactly what "product" are they expecting to receive?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here