Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Updated: No approach from Gills for Albion coach Jones [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion have received no approach from Gillingham for Nathan Jones.
The Welsh coach is the surprise new favourite with bookmakers to succeed sacked ex-Seagulls boss Peter Taylor at the Priestfield Stadium.
But The Argus understands he is not on the radar of Paul Scally, the Gillingham chairman.
Scally has interviewed four candidates so far, including former Cheltenham chief Mark Yates.
He wants a younger manager but one with a track record.
Former Albion defender Jones, No. 2 to head coach Oscar Garcia last season and ex-manager Sami Hyypia this season, has been retained by Chris Hughton on his coaching staff.
Jones became a genuine late contender for the Albion vacancy after impressing the hierarchy in his two-game role as caretaker.
The Seagulls came from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 against Reading at the Amex on Boxing Day and won 2-0 at Fulham three days later.
Bookies' manager odds can be notoriously misleading. Hughton was a 20-1 outsider a week before landing the Albion job.
Meanwhile, Hughton is in no rush to add his own coach to his backroom team.
He said: "I have decided to give myself a little bit of time to get to know everybody here.
"That almost, in a good way, forces you to get to know people even better. My plans are still to bring in another coach but it gives me time to assess what is here and the value of what's here."
The Argus reported when Hughton was appointed on New Year's Eve that former Paul Bristol Rovers boss Paul Trollope would be joining him.
Trollope worked with Hughton at Birmingham and Norwich.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here