Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion ace LuaLua signs long contract [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion winger Kazenga LuaLua has been rewarded for his growing consistency and maturity with a new long-term contract.
A three-and-a-half year deal will keep the explosive former Newcastle flyer at the club until June 2018.
LuaLua, currently sidelined by knee trouble, has scored 16 goals in 64 starts and 76 substitute appearances for Albion, spread initially over three loan spells since joining the club from the Toon in February 2010 and then permanently from December 2011.
The 24-year-old was used at home more than away by former managers Gus Poyet and Oscar Garcia, and was often on the bench.
He was given more game time this season by ex-boss Sami Hyypia and became increasingly influential before the injury, which has ruled him out since November 29.
New manager Chris Hughton, aware of LuaLua from their time together at Newcastle, said: "He can create and score goals and he definitely gives the team something different.
"The new contract is a consequence of his development in the period of time he has been here.
"I knew him, because I was with him at Newcastle, so I knew the talent, but I also knew that he had to get more consistency in his game.
"From everything I hear about him he has certainly become a more consistent player. He can, of course, be explosive, from the bench or whether starting, but I think he has got more responsibility in his game which comes with experience and the amount of games he has played.
"We are delighted to have tied him down. We are looking forward to him getting back fit and involved again."
LuaLua said: “It's nice to get everything done. It's been a long time coming, but it feels really good to sign.
"Obviously the first thing I need to do is get back fit because it's been a long time. I'm working hard and it should not be too long before I am back training."
Hughton expects it to be "a period of weeks" before LuaLua is available again.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here